Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner's Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner's domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
The Regional Shipper Sales Manager (RSSM) will develop and leverage a team of sales professionals across a region to deliver on the significant growth opportunities available. This person will be responsible for supporting the Commercial business owned within the Brokerage offices of their assigned region. Using a strategic market-focused approach, this person will help develop and support a go to market strategy for their region that supports divisional expectations. This person will act as a coach for Shipper Sales Representatives and Shipper Sales Managers on how to achieve greater success and will support the Business in evaluating sales team capabilities. The RSSM will monitor agreed upon KPIs through sales reporting and pipeline management, to drive growth in identified markets. This person will also support and meaningfully contribute to technology enhancement initiatives across Werner Logistics.
It is preferred that the associate lives within the region of supervision, the Eastern Region in this case
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of the above-listed
· Support the Shipper Sales Teams in managing their customer portfolios
· Responsible for developing new and existing business with the Sales and Account Management Teams that achieve the divisional set goals relative to revenue and margin
· Drive market share growth in the region through creative and customized solutions
· Support in talent acquisition and talent development for assigned region
· 4 or more visits to each office per year with weekly calls to the Supervisor in each office.
· Contribute to the development of the Werner Logistics technology platform
· Regional sales planning and budgeting.
· Communicating and ensuring commitment to the Corporate Vision for both Sales and Account Management within the Region
· Being a Champion of the Werner Logistics Culture
· Timely and regular attendance according to the scheduled shift as determined by supervisory personnel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicants age.
Werner Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: On-Site Fitness Center and Cafeteria at the Omaha headquarters location.
View other jobs at Werner Enterprises...
More About Us