Since 1956, Werner Enterprises mission has been to deliver value through leading edge global supply chain solutions that exceed expectations and promote safety while we remain customer focused and asset-backed.
The IBM System i development team is a highly technical team that develops and maintains Werner's business applications, 90% or more of which is in-house developed. There are multiple System i's in our environment configured to maintain high availability 24/7. Business applications include core transportation software, billing, accounting, truck/trailer maintenance, driver recruiting, etc. Position will report to Director of Application Development.
- Strong desire to be a key contributor in providing our (internal and external) customers software needs.
- 2 to 4 year degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in a development environment
- Experience with SQL for DB2, preferably on an IBM i.
- Experience in RPG highly desired
- Requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, troubleshoot, debug, implementation and production maintenance/support.
Preferred Experience (will train as necessary)
- Development in an IBM i environment using RPG and/or SQL
- ILE experience (Modules, Service Programs, Sub-procedures)
- IBM Websphere MQ,
- Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Object Oriented (OO) concepts
- Rational Developer for i (RDi)
Salary commensurate with experience.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Werner Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: On-Site Fitness Center and Cafeteria at the Omaha headquarters location.