2551 Valmont Dr Brenham Texas 77833-5418
We're Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment and facilities.
- Performs diagnosis, testing, disassembly, inspecting, repair and re-assembly of plant equipment, Forklift, straddle trucks, shag trucks, golf carts, and company vehicles.
- Performs skilled trouble shooting and servicing of pneumatic and hydraulic components.
- Performs proper replacement and/or adjustment of mechanical clutches, drive trains, etc.
- Repair of worn parts, straightens and fabricates fixtures (welding, cutting, brazing, and surface hardening applications).
- Be able to trouble shoot electrical circuits, 12-48 volt DC
- Change and repair multiple tire sizes and styles
- Assist junior personnel and operators in proper direction of equipment repairs.
- Ability to perform major and general repairs on all equipment.
- Required to record labor and material used on each repair made.
- Required to take proper care and use of test equipment.
- Required to properly use lift equipment (cranes, booms, man lifts, cherry picker, etc.)
- Exercise communication skills pertaining to the job.
- Occasionally will be called during irregular hours to handle production coverage with little or no supervision.
- Reports all abnormal conditions and safety hazards to supervisor.
- Will perform housekeeping and other routine tasks as directed.
- Is diligent at all times to work safely, and to follow safe working practices, including Lockout/Tag Out procedures and other safety procedures.
- Lifting, carrying, bending, kneeling, stretching, stooping, and working in awkward and/or confined positions.
- Works in a team environment
- Maintain appropriate professional competencies, certifications, licenses, etc., necessary to perform job.
- Other duties as assigned
- Make management aware of any training needs you have. Consult your management immediately if you are being asked to perform work for which you are not trained and/or are not comfortable doing because of potential safety or risk implications.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Three years' experience in related field, or qualified progression from Mechanic II.
- Must be able to use tire changing equipment and tools
- Must have knowledge of diesel and gas engines and transmissions
- Must know how to work and diagnosis hydraulic systems
- Must be able to trouble shoot DC voltages
- Read and write clearly
- Basic shop math. Multiplication, division, decimals to fractions, fractions to decimals.
- Must pass written examination and interview with Maintenance Supervisor to progress from Maintenance Mechanic II. Passing grade on the written examination to be no more than 15 answers wrong.
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Wellbeing benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location and can include the following:
Healthcare (medical, prescription drugs, dental and vision)
401k retirement plan with company match
Paid time off
Employer paid life insurance
Employer paid short-term and long-term disability including maternity leave
Work Life Support
Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,250 per year
Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, one-on-one health coaching, mortgage services and more
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.