28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
We're Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
A Brief Summary of This Position
This is an individual contributor position responsible for assisting with all functions of the preventive and repair maintenance, electrical, electronic and mechanical work for the Structures Division to achieve personal and professional growth. The Preventative Maintenance Coordinator is also responsible for learning basic metal fabrication using welding, cutting and brazing. Incumbent must work safely with the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). The Preventative Maintenance Coordinator assists with preventive maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment and facilities with a learned level of proficiency. Responsible for learning plant equipment, including pneumatic and mechanical systems, clutches, brakes, power transmission components, combustion engines, and electrical and hydraulic systems. Assist with basic electrical work and fabrication under supervision of an experienced technician. Records labor and materials used on each repair.
- Assist with testing, inspecting, repairing and re-assembling basic plant equipment, components, and systems including but not limited to overhead bridge cranes, hoists, gear boxes, forklifts, straddle trucks, shag trucks, company vehicles, pneumatic and mechanical systems, power transmission components, combustion engines, boiler systems, and electrical and hydraulic systems
- Assist with electrical work
- Learn basic metal fabrication
- Communicate with other maintenance and production team members via e-mail, phone, and face-to-face
- Operate gauging equipment including tape measures, micrometers, and dial calipers
- Responsible for maintaining tools and equipment
- Must be company trained and authorized to operate powered industrial trucks, aerial platforms and bridge cranes
- Must be company trained and authorized in arc flash safety, confined space entry, hazardous energy control and fall protection
- Complete Lock-Out/Tag-Out training
- Climb and work from ladders, aerial platforms , bridge cranes, and roofs in excess of 80 feet
- Must be able to distinguish colors
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and work in a non-temperature controlled environment, as well as with exposure to outdoors
- Rewrite preventative maintenance task as needed.
- Complete preventative maintenance task on machines.
- Enter new equipment PM's into IFS tasks
- Ensure quality of PM's performed are up to date with equipment and within Valmont's standards.
- Ensure PM's are performed correctly in the off shifts and within the departments standards.
- Communicate with OEM to adjust PM schedules.
- Ensure PM compliance is being upheld in accordance to the departments standards.
- Update records as needed.
- Identify inaccuracies on current PM's and make the corrections needed to meet department standards.
- Communicate with the scheduler, supervisor, leads, and departments to schedule CM's (corrective maintenance) that are found on PM's.
- Communicate with Storeroom attendant and supervisor to update and maintain spare parts required for PMs held in the parts storeroom.
- Identify special requirements for PM's needed on a variety of machinery.
- Time management
- Other duties as assigned
Important Details about the Role
- This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Domestic travel overnight up to 2% annually to assist with maintenance at other plant locations
- Become knowledgeable with plant equipment
- Learn basic blueprint reading
- Learn basic testing and troubleshooting skills
- Identify and report equipment abnormalities and safety hazards
- Complete record logs including labor, repairs made, equipment, and use of materials on the computer
- Responsible for working with small hand tools including tape measures, micrometers, saws, drills, riveters, and nail guns
- Assist in general plant clean up and housekeeping
- Participates in Safety and LEAN initiatives
- Communicates problems or needs to departmental supervision
- Communicates and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- 3-5 year of relevant experience
- Mechanical aptitude and desire to learn
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Communicate problems or needs to departmental supervision
- Communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- Ability to be company trained and authorized to operate powered industrial trucks, aerial platforms and bridge cranes
- Ability to be company trained and authorized in arc flash safety, confined space entry, hazardous energy control and fall protection
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds , although most frequent lift is up to 30 pounds
- Ability to spend 75% of workday standing or walking, 10% bending or kneeling, 10% stooping, and 5% climbing
- Must be able to distinguish colors
- Climb and work from ladders, aerial platforms, bridge cranes, and roofs in excess of 80 feet
- Ability to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and work in a non-temperature controlled environment, as well as with exposure to outdoors
- Pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- High awareness for safety
- Work one (1) to two (2) shifts of overtime per week, as needed
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Actively pursuing an Associate's or Technical degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field
- Work in adverse conditions: wet, hot, dusty, dirty or cold
- Six (6) months of industrial maintenance experience
- Six (6) months of experience basic welding/fabricating metal structures/components
- Six (6) of experience with basic troubleshooting skills
- Basic Knowledge of PDM (Predictive Maintenance) terminology.
- Perform PDM tasks (take measurements for vibration, heat, sound etc..).
- Communicate PDM anomalies/events with supervisor, scheduler, and leads in order to take corrective action.
- Identify special requirements for PDM's needed on a variety of machinery.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Wellbeing benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location and can include the following:
Healthcare (medical, prescription drugs, dental and vision)
401k retirement plan with company match
Paid time off
Employer paid life insurance
Employer paid short-term and long-term disability including maternity leave
Work Life Support
Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,250 per year
Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, one-on-one health coaching, mortgage services and more
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.