955 North Haverhill Rd El Dorado Kansas 67042-4806
We're Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
2nd Shift (3:30 pm - 2:00 am; M-Th)
Starting Wage $24.89/hr + $1 shift differential
The Fitter/Welder is an Individual Contributor responsible for welding metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders, using brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
- Lay out, align and assemble fabricated metal products used in electrical poles, substations and other structures
- Work from blueprints and layouts to accurately fit structural parts or components together in shop, preparation to welding or riveting
- Assemble structural units; repetitive types of assembling operations according to procedures established by others; and use hand tools and measuring devices in the performance of work
- Perform repetitive types of assembling operations according to procedures established by others; and use hand tools and measuring devices in the performance of work
- Fuse (weld)metal structural components together by means of arc welding using one process in the fabrication of steel electrical poles, substations, and other structures
- Perform welding operations requiring a limited amount of planning and laying out of work from blueprints or other written specifications and determining operation sequence
- Lay out guidelines or marks on metal parts and cut metal with a cutting torch
- In addition to performing hand welding, the welder may also layout guidelines or marks on metal parts and may cut metal with a cutting torch or plasma cutter
- Move pole shafts using an overhead crane and the gather parts and materials to complete the project
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures
- Maintain the cleanliness of work area including all equipment and machinery
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) and work both in a non-temperature controlled environment and outdoors
- Other duties as directed by leaders and management
Important Details about the Role:
- Setup, operate, and perform general maintenance of equipment without difficulty
- Make mathematical calculations in preparing product or setting up the machinery
- Read and decipher blue prints and flat sheets correctly and without assistance
- The employee must maintain a safe and productive work environment producing a quality product which is shipped complete and on time to satisfy the needs of the customer
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality, productivity, and delivery
- This position reports to the Production Supervisor
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Successful completion of an internal welding test
- Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Knowledge of welding properties of a variety of metals
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints to properly fit all products
- The ability to set up work and determine operation sequence
- The ability to calculate formulas using basic mathematics and standard U.S. and Metric Measurements
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards in a high-paced working environment
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds, with most frequent lift up to 20 pounds
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited trade school for welding
- Three years or more of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- One or more years of previous experience welding in a professional environment
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.