20805 Eaton Ave Farmington Minnesota 55024-7932
We're Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The General Labor positions are individual contributors in the NA Ops. Division of Valmont Industries, Inc. These persons must be highly driven individuals that will perform positions including welding, machine operating, maintenance, shipping, and fabricating on a temporary basis.
- Have the ability to help with assigned positions including welding, machine operating, maintenance, shipping, and fabricating, etc.
- Ability to final machining, finishing, and assembly operations on aluminum/steel poles.
- Ability drilling, painting and component installation on aluminum/steel poles.
- Ability to bundle, crate, box and wrap products to be shipped to protect the finished product from freight damage Load truck with finished product.
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) and work both in a non-temperature controlled environment and outdoors.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Important Details about the Role
- The employee is responsible for own work.
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job.
- The employee must maintain a safe and productive work environment producing a quality product which is shipped complete and on time to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality, productivity, TME (total manufacturing expenses), and customer satisfaction.
- This position reports to the Shift Lead.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- The ability to calculate simple mathematics and interpret shop drawings.
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues.
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions .
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards in a high-paced working environment.
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations.
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 6 months experience in manufacturing/shop environment.
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
- Able to do basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division and fraction conversion)
- Able to read and comprehend routings and blueprints
- Able to use a tape measure
- Able to use a computer to enter production date, perform time keeping functions, interface with machines and other equipment
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.