2226 East Dominguez St Long Beach California 90810-1086
We're Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
- Focus on improving equipment reliability and uptime while controlling maintenance costs
- Direct workers engaged in installation of machinery and equipment
- Direct workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Assist workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Coordinate activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical or structural repairs
- Comprehend complex AC & DC schematics
- Administer a preventative maintenance program
- Review employee performance, including quantity and quality of work, time and attendance issues, safety and other performance related information.
- Make recommendations for capital expenditures to optimize the benefits for personnel, materials, and equipment.
- Work with outside contractors taking bids and explaining requirements for work to be performed within the plan and conduct final inspection of that work.
- Five years of previous work experience in maintenance
- Strong electrical experience with significant knowledge of electrical - 480/220 3 phase and 110 voltage
- Significant knowledge of mechanical and general knowledge of PLC and PC devises
- Five years of previous work experience in a supervisory or leadership role with the ability to motivate, develop and direct people as they work
- Two years of previous work experience training others in the maintenance of equipment and buildings
- The ability to manage one's own time and that of others
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- A bachelor's degree in Industrial Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial Systems Technology, or a Maintenance Engineering related field
- Previous work experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
- The ability to act as an advisor on all projects related to facilities and equipment
- The ability to accurately determine expenditure budgets of the jobs, seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work
- The ability to identify the best person for the job
- Knowledge of PLC & PC devises with Siemens S-7 300 and Step 7 Software
- The ability to compare relative cost with potential benefits
- The ability to work independently and support a 24/7 operation
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
Minimum salary is $95,577 and maximum salary is $149,339.
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
*Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.