2551 Valmont Dr Brenham Texas 77833-5418
We're Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
- Responsible for testing and evaluation, with absolute integrity, of products to ensure conformance to company and customer specifications
- Makes decision in the area of codes (includes AWS D1.1) and specifications.
- Interprets reports for NDT and quality acceptance.
- Actively mentors Entry level NDT Inspectors, which includes monitoring and documenting OJT progress
- Has the authority to reject material, stop work in process etc. to minimize financial loss and risk of customer dissatisfaction.
- Works under production conditions with accurate performance and completion of work within set time limits
- Accountable and responsible for essential tools and equipment provided along with the maintenance of these tools, to include calibration
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures
- Maintain timely and consistent attendance
- This position reports to the Quality Supervisor and has no direct reports
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- A high awareness for safety at all times.
- High School diploma and 5+ years of work/educational experience or Associates Degree with 2+ years' experience or Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years' experience in fabricated steel environment
- Ability to perform basic mathematic calculations, including conversion of fractions to decimals
- Ability to use basic measuring tools, such as tape measure, calipers, fillet weld gauges, and levels (digital and conventional) to ensure dimensional accuracy.
- Level II NDT certifications or be able to obtain Level II certification within agreed upon time by Valmont
- Level II NACE certification
- Ability to operate NDT testing equipment.
- Ability to work effectively with plant employees, supervisors, management and customers.
- Ability to prioritize work in order to complete deadlines. Must also be able to work through problem with the minimum amount of assistance from the lead person or supervisor.
- Ability to work timely and expeditiously to deliver an on-time result without errors.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.