Weâ??re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
A Brief Summary of This Position
This is an individual contributor position responsible for receiving, unloading, and storing incoming product loads and inspecting finished products for damage and defects.Â The incumbent will operate equipment used to move material including forklifts.Â They will be responsible for identifying material and product being loaded and unloaded.Â The incumbent will create tags for products being unloaded, which may involve taking notes and pictures and entering that information into the computer.Â Incumbent will be responsible for inspecting galvanized product to ensure a high quality finished product and making recommendations to resolve any damage or defects found in products.Â Interact with customers and truck drivers, coordinating special handling as a result of an inspection, general plant housekeeping, and work safely with the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and familyâ??s overall wellness needs are met.
Important Details about the Role
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
Job Training Skill Development
The Shipping/Receiving Material Handler 1 will require 6 months on the job experience to achieve a minimum acceptable level of performance.Â
Must be able to identify proper loading as per special loading instructions, identify quality issues and bring those to the attention of the Lead or Supervisor, and resolve identification and equipment issues by notifying the Lead or Supervisor.Â Must be able to stage trailers with easy access to material being loaded.Â Independent creativity for setting up and loading is required for 75% of this job function.Â Insure proper safety precautions are used during all aspects of loading and unloading while operating equipment.Â Must communicate problems and/or needs to departmental supervision to aid in the maximum utilization of equipment, material and human resources.
Shipping/Receiving Material Handler Â will be operating equipment including forklifts and / or shag trucks approximately 85% of the shift.Â This requires continuous in and out of the equipment including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing, twisting, and turning to inspect and correct material loads.Â The other 15% will be spent walking and moving around product loads to create tags, inspect the quality of finished products, and entering data into the computer.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
|Date Posted||March 19, 2023|
|Date Closes||April 18, 2023|
|Located In||Lindon, UT|
Immanuel Courtyard - Server - Part Time Evening and Weekends