3403 Charlotte Ave Elkhart Indiana 46517-1150
Weâ??re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The Paint Associate position is an individual contributor in the Paint Department. This person must be a highly driven individual that will prepare Valmont products prior to painting, ensure high quality finishes after the painting process, and package the finished product for shipment.
- Hang and unhang parts such as light poles, arms, bases, and small components as needed.
- Blasts the product using a blasting cabinet and ensures the product has a sufficient blast profile .
- Responsible for blowing shot and dust off of parts and repairs all damaged galvanizing and removes all oil and contaminates .
- Responsible for final visual quality check of poles.
- Installs all post finish attachments and package poles and arms.
- Performs basic maintenance on blasting, rigging, and packaging equipment.
- Ability to lift an average weight of 20 to 40 pounds, 40% of the time(i.e., all small parts, arms and pedestal bases), and lift 50 pound containers 5-10 times per shift .
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) and work both in a non-temperature controlled environment and outdoors.
- Ability to spend 100% of the shift standing, walking, sitting, bending, squatting, balancing, stooping, kneeling and lifting in the process of preparing and/or coating of all poles and parts within the department.
- Ability to operate fork lifts, overhead cranes, power tools, packaging equipment, lowerators, and blasting equipment.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Important Details about the Role
- The employee is responsible forÂ own workÂ .
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job .
- Helps train employees in proper packaging, blasting, and hanging techniques .
- Must be able to determine the acceptance or rejection of finished coated poles and small parts according to standard specifications.
- The employee Â must maintaina safe and productive work environment producing a quality product which is shipped complete and on time to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality, productivity, TME (total manufacturing expenses), and customer satisfaction.
- This position reports to the Shift Lead.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- The ability to calculate simple mathematics and interpret shop drawings.
- Basic working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook or similar email software.
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues.
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions .
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards in a high-paced working environment.
- Rack and unrack parts, brush off, fill, sand, and clean parts for painting.
- Ensure high quality products with visual quality check.
- Maintain and operate blasting, rigging, and packaging equipment safely.
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations.
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year of previous experience in a painting or manufacturing position.
- Experience operating overhead cranes and forklift.
- Experience using dry mill thickness gauges, wet film thickness gauges and micrometers.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
- Able to do basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division and fraction conversion)
- Able to read and comprehend routings and blueprints
- Able to use a tape measure
- Able to use a computer to enter production date, perform time keeping functions, interface with machines and other equipment
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and familyâ??s overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Â Â Â
*Due to the nature of Valmontâ??s Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.