20805 Eaton Ave Farmington Minnesota 55024-7932
Weâ??re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
For the Maintenance I role within Valmont we are looking for a highly driven individual to assist with basic maintenance functions under the supervision and direction of the Maintenance Lead and Supervisor. The Maintenance I Assistant role is primarily a training position for the maintenance department.Â This role requires basic mechanical knowledge and proficiency. In this position, the Maintenance I Assitant is expected to:
- Adhere by Safety Absolutes â?? Job Safety Briefings on Non-Standard Work. â?? Verify we have communicated to production and have the permits required to safely complete the repair.
- Follow Arc Flash requirements, which are pertinent to the job.
- Basic knowledge of low voltage circuits and repairs.
- Always follow the LOTO provisions of the hazardous energy control program.
- Always follow fall protection guidelines when working at heights.
- Always wear appropriate PPE at all times, including safety glasses, steel toed boots with metatarsal guards, and hearing protection.Â In addition, employees must wear face shields, goggles, arc flash rated equipment, and gloves as required.
- Review projects and work assignments for potential hazards and recommend safest ways to complete the job.
- Recognize and report hazards.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
- Relevant industry experience.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English in order to complete necessary paperwork requirements. Ability to understand and follow verbal/written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and basic mechanical drawings.
- Ability to read tape measure and other measurement devices.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- The ability to work over ten hours a week in overtime when required for business needs, to and including weekends.
- Assist with the completion of PMâ??s and general maintenance repairs and projects, under the supervision of the maintenance Lead and Supervisor.Â Clean up area and put away tools after PMâ??s are completed.
- Carry out general house cleaning tasks in the Maintenance areas and throughout the plant.Â
- Participate and help lead LEAN Manufacturing activities. This may include cleaning painting and demarcation of walls and floors.
- Support Safety throughout the plant by reporting and repairing abnormal conditions and safety hazards.
- Basic experience maintaining industrial equipment and pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical equipment.
- Basic experience using industrial lifting equipment, cranes, forklift and hoists.
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
Job Training Skill Development
- Minimum of 1 year of on the job training is required to achieve a minimum of acceptable level of performance.
- Assist in calculating quantities for maintenance materials used in projects.
- Proper inspection of parts and equipment.
- Ability to carry out minor maintenance operations.
- Ability to complete assigned work orders and report completion details.
- Accountability of unique safety considerations.
- Recommend that the applicant should take additional training with Industrial Maintenance courses.Â Â Â
- Must be able to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.Â Must display an aptitude for problem solving and the ability to plan for or around future needs or problems.
- Although most of this job is covered by standard practices, good common sense and quality control procedures are essential aspects of completing this job in a successful manner.
- Must be able to determine when equipment should be removed from or returned to service
- Must be able to identify and report hazards
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee is required to walk, talk and listen.
- The incumbent needs to be able to handle and grasp item with one hand.
- There are times when an awkward position must be maintained in order to complete maintenance tasks
- This inside shop environment works at a very quick pace and the Maintenance I must have the physical strength and stamina to keep up with this the speed of the rest of the team
- The Maintenance I needs to be able to sustain the weight and fatigue of the Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) during the entire shift as well as endure the excessive heat during the warm summer months and the high temperature given off from the manufacturing equipment used.Â
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.Â
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.