28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Weâ??re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
- Work closely with your Production Supervisor, peers, and other Departments to contribute to Valmontâ??s overall success
- Monitor and coach employees on shift to ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed and adhered to
- Implement and assign work schedules to maximize the utilization of manpower, machines, and equipment
- Set daily direction and clearly communicate expected production standards for the shift.Â Understand and follow up on daily performance.Â
- Lead the Team on Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to understand losses, take action prevent future breakdowns and incidents
- Promote a continuous improvement climate that encourages suggestions from the team
- Train, coach, and develop the team to ensure proper operation of assigned work and equipment.Â Help assess and manage the teamâ??s bench strength.
- Ensure inspection checks and quality assurance occurs to produce high quality products
- Administer and support company policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
- Support the team and fill in however and wherever necessary to help drive the success of the Department to include the following
- Set fixtures and jigs to blueprint measurements
- Check set-up and first piece parts
- Weld and cleaning of welds
- Operate saw
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- The ability to pass a forklift driverâ??s test
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks and reach goals through the work of the team
- The ability to learn/understand all Shop functions within one year
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Knowledge of and ability to use common shop mathematics, in feet, inches, degrees, and fractions, in reading complex prints, and standard specifications
- The ability to solve problems and make an informed decision based on the situation
- Communicate and interact with coworkers, at all levels, in a positive manner
- Effectively interpret and present information both one-on-one and in front of a group
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Associates Degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience, or 7+ years relevant experience is preferred
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.