3403 Charlotte Ave Elkhart Indiana 46517-1150
Weâ??re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
The Maintenance Mechanic position is an individual contributor in Elkhart, IN. This person must be a highly driven individual that will assist in performing preventative maintenance & repairs on all plant equipment and facilities including hydraulic machines, presses, shears, cranes, welders, mechanical clutches, drive trains, etc.
- Responsible for assisting in the performance of preventative maintenance & repairs on all plant equipment and facilities including hydraulic machines, presses, shears, cranes, welders, mechanical clutches, drive trains, etc.
- Responsible for assisting in the repair of worn parts, straightens and fabricates fixtures. Makes new installation of equipment and performs major repairs/replacements.
- Seek opportunities for efficiencies and improvements within the maintenance department.
- Proper installation of equipment ensuring that necessary safety standards are adhered to.
- Perform and/or assist with maintenance tasks according to production needs to minimize downtime.
- Support manufacturing demands including working during non-peak hours (e.g., off-shifts, holidays, weekends, etc.) as required/assigned).
- Respond to on-duty emergency requests and after-hours call-ins.
- Performs of strategic preventative maintenance; continuous improvement of maintenance systems and practices.
- Performs general maintenance tasks including buildings, grounds, (snow removal), etc.
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) and work both in a non-temperature controlled environment and outdoors.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Important Details about the Role
- The employee is responsible for own work.
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job.
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality, productivity, TME (total manufacturing expenses), and customer satisfaction.
- This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Three (6) to Six (8) year of experience in industrial maintenance.
- Basic working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook or similar email software.
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues.
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards in a high-paced working environment.
- Ability to be Valmont trained and certified in operation of forklift.
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations.
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Must be available for on-call rotation.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Associates degree in industrial maintenance, engineering and/or equivalent.
- Six (6) to Nine (9) years of experience in industrial/manufacturing maintenance.
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
- Working knowledge of single and three phase electrical circuitry with an ability to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Experience performing all position arc and wire feed welding on steel and aluminum.
- Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, water and natural gas plumbing.
- Experience with mills/lathes.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and familyâ??s overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Â Â Â
*Due to the nature of Valmontâ??s Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.