28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Weâ??re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment with a wide knowledge and high degree of proficiency
- Performs new installations of equipment and performs major repairs and replacements.
- Has knowledge and follows Arc Flash requirements
- Responsible for the installation of distribution equipment including gutters, disconnects, conduits and cables in accordance with UL and National Electrical Code
- Performs diagnosis, testing, disassembly, inspecting, precise measuring, repair and re-assembly of plant equipment or components with limited instruction
- Maintains and installs controllers and control equipment, and if necessary can change, alter, or modify existing equipment.
- Performs high electrical functions which include installation and repair of lighting up to 480V
- RepairsÂ small fixtures, fans, and appliances while also repairing welders, wire feeds, plasma cutters and motors over 110V
- Performs pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical electronic troubleshooting and repair plant production equipment
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- The ability to climb and work at elevated heights of up to eighty feet
- The ability to work over ten hours a week in overtime when required for business needs
- One year of previous experience maintaining industrial equipment
- One year of previous experience using industrial lifting equipment, cranes or hoists
- One year of previous experience using at least one of the following troubleshooting aides: thermography gun, digital VOM, volt, ohm or amp meters
- The ability to accurately interpret electrical schematics, blueprints and National Electrical Code books for both AC & DC electrical systems
- The ability to read and understand hydraulic and pneumatic valves and prints
- The ability to pass the written Electromechanical Technician 2 test with a minimum score ofÂ 77 and a level 2 hands-on test
- A working knowledge of using e-mail
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- A degree in Electromechanical Technology or Electrical Technology
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.