801 N Xanthus Tulsa Oklahoma 74110-4949
Weâ??re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Production Control Supervisor position for Tulsa Operations. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will supervise, train, motivate and mentor Valmont employees and manage the production process of Valmont products.
- This position is accountable for the development, processing, editing and communicating the Tulsa site production plan
- This position is accountable for executing all work required to insure that the production plan is met including: planning, scheduling and coordinating the master demand schedule by reviewing and releasing work orders and inter-site requests in accordance with Material Requirements Planning (MRP), aligning resources with demand based on capacity planning and shop floor control principles as well as controlling and coordinating purchased material and manufacturing labor to meet schedule requirements.
- Supervisory responsibilities include hiring, providing resources, training, assigning work and approving time off requests/attendance timesheets.
- Other responsibilities include evaluating, rewarding or disciplining employeeâ??s performance. Valmontâ??s supervisors are expected to provide assistance, support and motivation, while emphasizing the continued development of the team.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position creates a production plan for a department, process or machine that minimizes inventory levels, maximizes customer satisfaction, level loads the factory and balances other performance related company goals.Â
- This position uses MRP planning and inter-site request tools to distribute material effectively between Tulsa Operations.
- This position analyzes MRP planning data and shop capabilities to create and maintain a valid master schedule for material and capacities by effectively balancing supply and demand for a specific department, product or process.Â A valid master schedule is one in which priority due dateâ??s equal need dates, and planned capacity equals required capacity.Â
- This position participates in creating and meeting cost, quality and delivery goals; monitors and reports metrics for inventory and delivery performance.Â The primary focus being to improve inventory management, improve on-time performance and eliminate non-value added activities or processes.
- High school diploma and 7+ years of relevant experience or Associates Degree with 5+ years relevant experience or Bachelors with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional objectives
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- APICS CPIM, CFPIM, or CSCP certification
- Prior experience setting up and planning with a KAN BAN pull system
- Ability to lead by example and earn the respect and trust of co-workers, customers, and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of QAD planning and production scheduling tools
- Understanding of priorities and one that can balance short-term and long-term requirements
- The ability to communicate openly and honestly in a clear and concise manner on an ongoing basis
- A proven record of supervisory experience and must have strong leadership
- Much be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:Â
Includes visits to both indoor and outdoor locations during all seasons of the year.Â Normal working conditions are in an office environment with above stated site visits. Light physical work where the major portions of the job is accomplished in a sitting position with occasional standing and walking.Â While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent may be required to reach with hand and arms.Â The incumbent is required to frequently use hands and fingers at the keyboard.Â In addition, the incumbent may occasionally be require to bend or twist.Â The employee must occasionally lift, pull or move up to 25 pounds.Â Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.Â
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.