11308 Hwy 36 Bellville Texas 77418-0640
Weâ??re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Machine Operator position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will prepare production materials for next dayâ??s production.Â Additionally, you willâ?¦
- Read prints and layout to determine material and chucks needed per finished product (pole).Â Assemble three-piece chuck jaws, place proper materials and chucks in metal boxes label by job number and mold
- Roll spiral using spiral machine when needed
- Pull and cut copper wire as specified on drawings
- Wash, inspect, and sort returned parts, tap and repair as needed.Â Return to stock shelf
- Maintain parts washer, ensuring adequate cleaning solution levels and proper disposal of unused solutions
- Using rod chomper, cut smooth round steel to properly measured lengths.Â Using ring roller machine, roll to correct diameter, weld and stock ring rack
- Clean and lubricate equipment in shop area
- Cut PVC pipe with cold saw as specified by drawing; bundle and label by job number and mold.Â Weld PVC rings
- Box up material and transfer to production area
- Yard maintenance
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policy and procedures
What it takes
- Accountability â?? Able to accept responsibility and account for his or her actions
- Accuracy â?? Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Applied Learning â?? Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience
- Detail Oriented â?? Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Problem Solving â?? Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems
- Organized â?? Possessing the trait or being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Reliability â?? The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Safety Awareness â?? Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- Self-Motivated â?? Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of oneâ??s ability using his or her own drive or initiative
- Technical Aptitude â?? Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Working Under Pressure â?? Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- A high awareness for safety at all times
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- One or more years of previous experience operating machinery in manufacturing plant
- Current certification or the ability to re-certify DOT Batching Operator Level 1
- One year of previous experience operating power tools in a professional environment
- The ability to read and comprehend engineered prints
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and familyâ??s overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Â Â Â
*Due to the nature of Valmontâ??s Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.