11308 Hwy 36 Bellville Texas 77418-0640
Weâ??re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
A Brief Summary of This Position
This is a highly individual position that will be responsible for supervising departments in the manufacturing of concrete poles, specified to engineered drawings/blue prints. This person must maintain good housekeeping, communicate clearly with co-workes, and work well as a team leader.Â Will be responsible for training of new employeeâ??s in the department, and ensure all employeeâ??s follow all safety guidelines throughout the plant.
- Oversee daily production and ensure the department members remain on task
- Work with fellow personnel in the production department in all areas of production
- Knowledge of department and plant processes
- Must be able to read and write legibly
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to interview applicants for department
- Ability to facilitate tool box talks, lead meetings
- Knowledge of production equipment used in department
- Ability to read blue prints
- Ability to lay out poles
- Knowledge of department processes
- Perform safety audits
- Conduct safety training
- Participate in Lean manufacturing, Gemba and 5S
- Maintains an attitude that unlawful or unethical actions are not accepted
- Performs other duties directed by leaders and management
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policy and procedures
Other important Details about the Role:
- Must be comfortable working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- Ability to pay attention to detail and lead by example
- Identify and report safety hazards
- Assist with general plant clean up and housekeeping
- This position reports to the Department Supervisor
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- High school diploma or GED is highly desirable but not required
- One (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Communicate problems or needs to departmental supervision.
- Communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner.
- Pay attention to detail and follow work instructions.
- High awareness for safety at all times, with the ability to wear all required PPE and work in a non-temperature controlled environment, as well as with exposure to outdoors.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds, although most frequent lift is up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to spend 75% of workday standing or walking, 10% bending or kneeling, 10% stooping, and 5% climbing
- Ability to be company trained and authorized to operate equipment and machinery.
- Ability to work overtime as required to meet business needs.
- Self-Motivated ability to be internally inspired to perform task to the best of oneâ??s ability using his or hers own drive or initiative.
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in supervisory or management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read and write legibly.Â
- Must possess adequate communication and interpersonal skills to successfully interact with other employees.Â
- Must display and aptitude for problem solving and the ability to plan for potential problems or needs.
Job Training Skill Development
- In addition to the above, should have a basic understanding to make most necessary decisions within three months and have total comprehension of the job within one year.Â Â Â Completion of Valmont Leadership Essential (VLE) training.
- The incumbent must be able to make decisions, voice concerns and provide feedback on any safety issues regarding the scope of this position.
Mental and Visual Effort
- Continuous mental/and or visual attention overseeing daily production and ensure the department members remain on task
- Requires employee to work outside in heat, cold, wet and humid, dusty environment
Person protective equipment is required to be worn at all time in the position as indicated by Valmont corporate and local policy.Â All employees must exercise reasonable care and observe safety regulations.
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and familyâ??s overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Â Â Â
*Due to the nature of Valmontâ??s Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.