3403 Charlotte Ave Elkhart Indiana 46517-1150
Weâ??re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This individual contributor position is accountable for Human Resources support for one or more production plants..Â This position will coordinate and provide comprehensive Human Resources support Â by building and developing effective relationships with the leaders, managers and employees to influence and execute HR processes and initiatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following Â areas, including but not limited to: recruiting, Workday data integrity, employee relations, training, performance management, compensation and benefits, new hire onboarding, off-boarding, policy administration, organizational changes, compensation practices and employment law compliance. This role serves on the HR front lines in support of the business, and is actively involved with assisting and supporting the management team to build organizational bench strength, Â share organizational best practices and assist with acquisition integration tasks.
- Position reports into the Plant Manager with a matrix reporting to Operations Human Resources and has no direct or indirect reports
- Provide full range of Human Resources Â support including application of HR policies and processes, to assigned departments and employees
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service by ensuring timely and accurate responses to inquiries and requests from employees
- Maintain ongoing compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Navigate and assist in the resolution of employee issues; leading employee relations initiatives and investigations to ensure a positive and fair work environment
- Support change management related to the implementation of organizational solutions
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business through exposure to departmental activities
- Collaborate with department leaders to execute HR processes and associated activities
- Implement and manage various HR initiatives, including, but not limited to safety events, annual performance review process, benefits open enrollment, new programs/policies, and training initiatives and routine training of employees on HR/payroll systems
- Provide information and tools in support of effective delivery of HR services, systems and processes
- Build credibility within assigned departments by demonstrating an understanding of the business strategy and challenges, aligning the departments' short-term and long-term people goals with the business strategy, and facilitating and implementing initiatives to assist the business in achieving success
- Champion change and effectively guide management and associates through organizational change
- Ensure accurate data entry into HRIS system and related HR technologies for self and for others
- Seeks learning and development opportunities to improve professional competencies and stays current on HR practices through benchmarking, networking, and exposure to business related networks, research/publications
- Able and willing to become a certified trainer of DDI Valmont Leadership Essentials
- Organize and lead New Employee Onboarding
- Create and maintain job descriptions and recruit all roles in the organization as needed
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Gather and analyze feedback from client groups and partner with HR Director in developing and implementing solutions
- Recommend, develop and implement programs to promote employee performance, engagement, satisfaction and retention
- Analyze employee relations issues and investigate employee complaints, including complex matters, consult with legal and senior leadership as appropriate and make sound, timely recommendations for management action and follow-through to ensure closure
- Support managers and associates during the performance management process which includes defining goals, identifying key job responsibilities, creating development plans, assessing performance and evaluating compensation
- Participate on project teams (e.g. administration of engagement surveys, implementation and enhancements of new technologies, analyzing candidate assessment tools for implementation, utilization, and effectiveness, administering and analyzing exit interview results, assisting with acquisition integration activities and travelling as necessary)
- Development and maintenance of HR related metrics and reports from those systems and performing results analysis and creating professional presentations with data from various systems.
- Participate in projects across the HR function and/or the business unit. Identify business Â needs and creatively work with HR COEs to determine solutions. Act as an extension of the HR COEs for communication, adoption and execution of COE processes or initiatives.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelorâ??s degree and three years human resources experience in a generalist capacity; or Associates degree and 5 years relevant experience; or 7 years relevant experience
- Knowledge and ability to report and/or act on Compliance and Regulatory issues
- A minimum of two years of experience working with a major, non-proprietary HRIS system
- The ability to travel domestically by air up to 10% of the time
- The ability to occasionally work outside of normal business hours to support operational needs
- Self-starter and able to work professionally and independently
- Strong customer service orientation, communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team or independently and exercise independent judgment, discretion, initiative and maintain confidentiality
- Experience with employee relations dispute resolution, and litigation avoidance
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Must have a valid driverâ??s license and have the ability to rent vehicles and drive self and others as travel needs dictate
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- PHR certification, or SHRM-CP certification
- Experience using Workday and EmpCenterÂ® Suite (Enterprise Workforce Management) software applications
- A high awareness for labor law compliance, amendments, regulations, including Affirmative Action Planning as well as court decisions related to employment regulations
- Knowledge of group benefit plans and how open enrollment for benefits is carried out and regulated
- Experience working with timekeeping and compensation plans for both exempt and non-exempt employees including understanding FLSA distinctions
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their personal and family's overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Because of the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting; however, incumbent may be required to go into Â manufacturing areas where the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required at all times. Â The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings.Â Â Â Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time.Â No travel requirements for this position.Â The employee constantly Â is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer.Â The employee is occasionally required to move about the office.Â Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds transporting laptop and work materials throughout the office and up to 40 pounds when travelling and moving luggage/personal carry-on items.Â Â Â Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.