Weâ??re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
Valmont is URGENTLY HIRING hiring to fill various roles in support of our Operations at our McCook facility including day and evening openings in our Maintenance department.
Employees currently hired to work in our Production areas will be eligible for a $2000.00 RETENTION BONUS, to be split over 3 payments after 3, 6 and 12 months of employment!
A Brief Summary of This Position
Performs P.M.â??s and repairs on all equipment and facilities. Performs some diagnosis, testing, disassembly, inspecting, repair and re-assembly of plant equipment or components such as lathes, hydraulic machines, presses, shears, (hydraulic and mechanical), cranes, drill presses and components. Assists proper replacement and or adjustment of mechanical clutches, drive trains, etc. Will require fabrication of fixtures (welding, cutting, brazing and surface applications). Assists major and general repairs on all equipment.
Other Important Details about the Role:
Required to record labor and material used on each repair made. Required to take proper care and use of equipment. Required to properly use lift equipment (cranes, booms, manlifts, cherry picker, etc). Exercise communication skills pertaining to the job. Occasionally will be called during irregular hours. Reports all abnormal conditions and safety hazard to Supervisor. May be called upon to drive a forklift provided employee is qualified.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
* High School Diploma.
* Math skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
* Able and willing to read and comprehend hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical schematics.
* Must know proper use of gauging equipment from .001 of an inch up, dial indicators, micrometers, feeler gauges, etc
* Knows and understands mechanisms.
* Understands and applies standard mechanical procedures and practices for repair and replacement of machine components.
* Understands and applies proper safety procedures when working on equipment and machines.
* Understands and applies the proper rigging techniques when using chains, slings, wire ropes, etc.
* Ability to weld, using both stick and MIG processes.
* Ability to use Band Saw, Plasma Cutter, Metal Shear and use a cutting torch.
* Capable of driving a forklift.
* Able to operate heavy equipment for snow removal.
* Ability to read, write, and communicate with co-workers. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimal numbers and fractions. Able and willing to learn how to read all types of mechanical blueprints.
* Understands and follow work instructions.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
* High School Diploma.
* Prior experience in maintenance setting
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and familyâ??s overall wellness needs are met.
Â Â Â
Due to the nature of Valmontâ??s Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
|Date Posted||November 13, 2022|
|Date Closes||December 13, 2022|
|Located In||Mccook, NE|