674 Industrial Park Drive Claxton Georgia 30417
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference.
Valmont is urgently hiring to fill various roles in support of our Operations at our Claxton, GA facility, including Production Supervisor.
- This position reports to the site Plant Manager and has direct and indirect reports
- Monitor employees' performance to ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed and adhered to
- Implement and assign work schedules to maximize the utilization of manpower, machines, and equipment
- Defines expected production standards and monitors performance standards of the assigned personnel
- Observes personnel to ensure the proper operation of assigned work and equipment
- Ensures inspection checks and quality assurance occurs to produce high quality products
- Promote a continuous productivity improvement climate that encourages suggestions for operational improvement
- Administers and supports company policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
- Trains new employees about divisional and organizational activities and safety policies and procedures
- Prepares daily time sheets for hourly employees, production summaries, overtime and downtime reports
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Thorough knowledge of the equipment and processes in the areas
- Acquired knowledge of planning, organizing, controlling, coordinating, and directing manufacturing personnel.
- Possess a high level of supervisory capability, which insures leadership, and motivation of subordinates to attain high standards of quality and productivity
- React to change in a timely and organized manner
- Evaluate and weigh alternatives, establish appropriate priorities, and formulate sound decisions affecting all phases of the operation
- Foster harmonious relations within their shift and between shifts
- Accountable for safety, product quality, exercising cost control, meeting production schedules, the proper uses of direct and indirect labor, accurate record-keeping and reporting, minimizing scrap and rework costs, training new and existing personnel, and communicating with other supervisory and management personnel as well as subordinates
- Frequent use of computer terminals and personal computers to perform duties of their position
- Thorough knowledge and awareness of the safety issues related to each operation performed within the department, and must assure that all employees adhere to safe practices at all times
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelors with 5+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 7+ years relevant experience or 9+ years of relevant experience
- Five (5) years of experience in manufacturing or logistics/distribution environment
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Recognize and solve practical problems and/or issues
- Communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Effectively interpret and present information both one-on-one and in front of an audience
- Calculate figures such as pay changes for employees, proportions and percentages, and product dimensions
- Work in a high volume, fast paced environment
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Three years of experience in a supervisory position
- Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing or logistic operations environment
- Practical hands on experience in Lean Manufacturing
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and familyâ??s overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Â Â Â
*Due to the nature of Valmontâ??s Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
In addition to an office setting, the supervisor also spends a majority of his or her time on the production floor as well as outside during all seasons of the year and in the manufacturing areas.Â Â The supervisor is expected to wear all necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), as required.Â This position is exposed to all hazards located at manufacturing sites including noise, fumes, excessive heat and cold, dust, welding arc, all chemicals associated with the manufacturing areas, fire, smoke, unstable debris, confined spaces, and working in high areas. Up to 5 percent travel to domestic locations may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the supervisor is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The supervisor is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Â Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [email protected]