475 Dietrich Road Steele Alabama 35987-2613
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference.
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Shot Blaster position in our Paint Department 3rd shift $17.50 per hour plus $1 shift differential.
Additionally, you mayâ?¦
- Shot blast poles using a shot blast hose
- Maintain and operate shot blasting equipment properly and safely
- Pull and read product blue prints for blast knowledge
- Ensure high quality products with visual quality check
- Complete appropriate paperwork/log books
- Assist in masking/taping and UV as needed
- Assist in Crane Operation as needed
- Train as back up painter
- Work closely with the Long Side Finishing Department
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment
What it takes
- Prefer High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be mechanically and technically inclined
- Able to read, write, and calculate simple mathematics.
- Able to pay attention to detail and understand/follow instructions
- Able to train and apply training in the paint department
- Able to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Able to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- Able to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people
- Able to communicate problems and ideas effectively to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Minimum six months experience using a forklift and/or overhead crane
- Minimum six months experience sandblasting or shot blasting
- Must be able to work with minimal supervisionÂ
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Minimum one year of experience using a forklift and/or overhead crane
- Minimum two years of experience sand blasting or shot blasting.
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards in a high-paced working environment
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- A high awareness for safety at all times
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- The ability to self-supervise at times
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [email protected]