10205 Federal Drive, Building B Colorado Springs Colorado 80908
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference.
The Welder II contributes to the manufacturing of fabricated products in a fast-paced environment by interpreting engineering documents and utilizing modern welding equipment. Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [email protected]
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Knowledgeable and skilled with the following welding processes and equipment; Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW).
- Ability to pass welder qualification test(s) using GMAW and Metal Cored ArcÂ Welding (MCAW) on plate and pipe per American Welding Society (AWS) codes on carbon steel and stainless-steel materials.
- Utilize and gain proficiency with tools such as tape measure, angle grinder, die grinder, clamps, hammers, manual plasma machine, cranes, and pipe layout tools to aid in the welding process.
- Ability to understand and satisfy job requirements based on work instructions, welding procedures, and Engineering documents (shop drawings, 3D models) with welding symbols.
- Capable of fitting and welding simple to moderate weldments using shop math.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting of welding equipment.
- Correctly and accurately completes job-related paperwork such as travelers and checklists.
- Capable of cross functioning within the department, and on rare occasions into other manufacturing departments based on production demands.
- Visually inspects own and team welds to ensure quality and determine basic discontinuities or defects, using inspection tools. Receives moderate guidance and instruction from qualified welding inspectors to make inspection determinations.
- Attends welding, inspection, and job-related training and gains moderate proficiency in comprehension and application.
- Ability to work independently within established processes and procedures with relative supervision.
- Ability to work on more complicated components and products such as specialty attachments, poles, 4G/5G dual tiers, specialty pole tops, etc.
- Safely and efficiently use tools and equipment to layout, cut, fit up, and weld a variety of metal products in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Embrace 5S practices by conducting daily workplace examinations, maintaining a clean and organized workplace.
- Maintain a positive attitude when priorities shift, and designs change in a quickly evolving industry.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Follow all company policies and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as stated by company policy.
- Able to follow directions from Welding Supervisor to achieve daily tasks and expectations.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
*Work experience may be substituted for educational requirements*
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Required: 3-years relevant working experience as a Welder
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
Preferred: Associates Degree in welding or technical education
Pay: $18 - $27 hr. depending on experience