4131 Hwy 17 South Bartow Florida 33830-7567
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference.
Valmont is urgently hiring to fill various roles in support of our Operations at our Bartow, FL facility, including EHS Manager.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The EHS Manager serves as the principal health and safety professional for the Bartow operations located in Bartow, FL. The incumbent will provide guidance and support to local management on the design, implementation and maintenance of processes that support Valmontâ??s Health and Safety Management System (e.g., Health and Safety Playbook). The position reports to the General Manager and requires collaboration with company employees at all levels in the workforce.Â This position is accountable for establishing the overall strategic direction for the facilityâ??s safety and loss prevention/reduction initiatives in conformance with corporate initiatives and direction.Â This is a â??hands-onâ? position requiring a regular, shop floor and Bartow site presence and requires occasional travel to other locations.
- Serve as siteâ??s initial point of contact for governmental regulatory agencies on issues related to health and safety
- Consult with all departments on use of equipment, fire prevention, health and safety programs
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of health and safety risk assessment tools designed to identify, prioritize and control exposure to the sites most significant safety risks
- Demonstrable knowledge of current health and safety technologies and processes such as ergonomics risk assessments, industrial hygiene exposure assessments, electrical arc flash hazard analyses and machinery safety principles
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize a large number of different projects to completion
- Track record of making effective decisions, even when dealing with limited or ambiguous information
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA/NIOSH/NFPA regulations, standards and practices
- Utilize the Environmental Health and Safety database
- Manage implementation of the Valmont Global Health and Safety Standards
- Conduct regular safety inspection tours of facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, and recommend corrective or preventative measures where indicated
- Manage, develop and maintain the training processes and conduct safety specific new employee orientations
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Leads the creation of annual, site-specific health and safety targets and objectives (SBO Plan) for the site in order to measurably reduce exposure to the to the siteâ??s most significant health and safety risks
- Create and maintain periodic reports to management detailing the siteâ??s performance on key leading and lagging metrics
- Identifies action-based health and safety goals for site leadership team members and supervisors to support achievement of site-specific targets and objectives
- Utilizes the companyâ??s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) database to manage data related to health and safety events such as injuries, workers compensation claims, near miss incidents and regulatory agency inspections
- Leads the deployment of site health and safety committees and facilitates their engagement in ownership of the activities required to maintain compliance and drive continuous improvement
- Manages development and maintenance of training processes to ensure that required health and safety training is defined, addresses required content and is tracked to completion
- Coordinates utilization of Valmontâ??s EHS Management of Change process to evaluate potential health and safety impacts associated with business activity changes
- Collaborates with Human Resources to effectively manage workerâ??s compensation claims and return-to-work programs
- Coordinates with the siteâ??s environmental team to implement and utilize programs as directed by the environmental team
- Conducts or otherwise assures that all required OSHA and Company safety related training is provided including but not limited to: Lockout/Tag out, Machine Guarding, Overhead and Mobile Cranes, Forklift, Compressed Gases, Electrical Safety, Emergency Preparedness, Fire Extinguisher, Propane Safety, Fall Protection, Confined Spaces, and others as determined appropriate
- Evaluates equipment and process design, administrative procedures and capital expense projects for safety performance
- Leads the ergonomic management program
- Creates and assures maintenance of all appropriate safety metrics, recordkeeping and regulatory reporting
- Schedules, develops and assists in conducting the Safety Leadership Team meetings
- Manage safety related vendor contacts and budgets (safety equipment providers, consultants, etc.)
- Assists in the development, drafting, editing and execution of the Valley site Emergency Plan
- Assists Machine Builders in identifying safety specifications and features on newly manufactured equipment
- Responsible for determining resource requirements, training needs, and internal control procedures that address relevant objectives
- Responsible for executing policies and procedures related to internal control
- Responsible for communicating issues in internal control to the appropriate level of management and to execute remedial actions
- Maintain the appropriate professional competencies and evaluate the capacity, staffing levels, and competency of the functional areaâ??s personnel
- Accountable to manager for responsibilities in internal control
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelors with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Fire Protection, Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline. Â
- Five years of demonstrated environmental, health and safety management success in a manufacturing environment with an emphasis on program implementation and training
- Experience with OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) or OHSAS 18001
- Possess Certified Machinery Safety Expert (CMSE) certification
- Experience using Lean methodology in a manufacturing environment
- Experience utilizing Environmental Health and Safety database programs
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and familyâ??s overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Â Â Â
*Due to the nature of Valmontâ??s Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts: Can be used for the majority of administrative positions
In addition to an office setting, the incumbent also spends a portion of his/her time outside during all seasons of the year and in the manufacturing areas.Â Â The incumbent is expected to wear all necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), as required.Â This position is Â exposed to all hazards located at manufacturing sites including noise, fumes, excessive heat and cold, dust, welding arc, all chemicals associated with the manufacturing areas, fire, smoke, unstable debris, confined spaces, and working in high areas. Some travel to domestic locations may be required (5 percent).
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Â Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [email protected]