28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Senior Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for developing, managing and/or supporting quality engineering related efforts within the Quality Assurance (QA) and/or Quality Control (QC) organizations.Â The area of focus spans all QA/QC functions ranging from process development and documentation, root cause and corrective action, implementing alternatives to existing methods, and project management.Â Additionally, this Individual Contributor will work directly with multiple departments, and interact with managers, supervisors, and other individual contributors, such as design engineering, operations, and customers to drive continuous improvements as they relate to quality and the overall operations performance which include establishing and achieving quality metrics.Â At times this position may be called upon to assist with supplier evaluation.
- Project management as it pertains to developing and implementing quality systems.
- Based on the location of the position this position could require up to 50% travel.
- Identifies and eliminates and/or mitigates risks as they pertain to achieving codes, engineering specifications, and customer specifications.Â This includes ensuring proper processes and procedures are documented, implemented, and executed.
- Serves as a quality liaison between QA, supply chain, operations, and design engineering when quality problems exist that affect product quality
- Interprets Valmont quality requirements, including but not limited to, quality management system (QMS) documents, specifications, engineering prints and specifications, and external standards (e.g., AISC, ASTM, AWS)
- Leads and participates in formal problem-solving events.Â This includes leading team members who do not report to The Senior QE position.
- Leads the development and execution of Design of Experiments
- Drives quality improvement processes using the appropriate tools (PFMEAâ??s, process flow charts, control plans, capability studies, part layouts, MSA/Gage R&R, SPC, etc.) as required
- Utilizes LEAN principles to minimize waste as it pertains to QC activities
- May be called upon to define quality processes for new product introduction
- Lead quality teams through process improvement events
- Develop, communicate, and implement best practices as they pertain to quality
- Interface with customers as needed to eliminate nonconformances.Â This may at times include jobsite visits.
- Work directly with QA and Operations management to establish quality metrics and ensure the metrics are achieved
- Seek cost savings opportunities related to quality improvements
- Prepare and report quality activity updates for management to keep them apprised of quality initiatives and concerns
- Participate in customer specification reviews
- Conducts business on behalf of the Company in full compliance with the laws of the many jurisdictions in which we operate
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to occasionally lift to 50 pounds, although most frequent lift is up to 20 pounds
- Ability to perform manual labor while in the field, wear all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and work in an environment where there is exposure to various weather elements
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelorâ??s with 5+ years of relevant experience or an Associateâ??s degree with 7+ years of relevant experience or 9+ years of relevant experience
- Five years of experience working in quality assurance or quality control
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- In-depth understanding and practical application of statistics as they relate to quality such as sampling plans, data analysis, SPC, process capability analysis, etc.
- Proficient with Six Sigma tools such as pFMEA, CP, root cause analysis, MSA, etc.
- Ability to utilize MiniTab or equivalent statistical analysis software.Â Â
- Ability to read and interpret engineering prints and specifications
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead projects involving cross-functional team members including mid-level managers
- Ability with work with people at all levels throughout the organization, as well as certifying body auditors
- Ability to work directly with customers as needed to support quality efforts
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills, as well as organizational and follow-up skills
- Proven ability to create and deliver effective group presentations and training
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to perform manual labor while in the field, including lifting 50 pounds and working in an environment where there is exposure to weather elements
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ??s Degree in Engineering
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Seven years of experience working in quality assurance or quality control
- Seven years of experience in metals fabrication including structural welding
- Relevant manufacturing experience as it pertains to transmission, distribution, traffic and lighting, communication, and substation products
- Detailed understanding of AISC, ISO, and DOT requirements
- Non-destructive testing experience - particularly VT, MT, and UT
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
The Senior QE will work both in the office and factory floor shop.Â At times The Senior QE may visit field installations to review quality issues, including visits to customersâ?? offices. Work is typically performed in an office setting.Â The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings.Â Â Â Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time.Â Travel can be significant at time â?? as much as 50% including overnight stays in domestic and international locations.Â The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer.Â The employee is occasionally required to move about the office.Â Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment.Â On rare occasions, must be able to lift 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Ability to perform manual labor while in the field, wear all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and work in an environment where there is exposure to various weather elements
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [email protected]