75 South Hwy 83 McCook Nebraska 69001-8569
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Develops manufacturing processes, designs, builds, or purchases equipment and manages facility utilization to support Valmontâ??s manufacture of Mechanized Irrigation Equipment.Â Supports Operations to make sure they are operating at optimum levels and manufacturing conforming, or better, parts.
The Manufacturing Engineer:
- Supports existing products as well as launches new products by â??
- Developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts.
- Designing custom equipment, then managing it is built, run-off, installation, commissioning and operator training.Â Â Â
- Supports safety goals and objectives of the division and departments to help fulfill Safety by Objective goals.
- Identifies and executes cost savings opportunities.
- Researches, specifies, negotiates Capital Equipment Acquisitions and then manages the installation, commissioning, and training.
- Understands and embraces the importance of integrating processes into existing facilities for efficient, safe material flow.
- Is passionate about working with people around the world to make the best value, market leading, standardized irrigation machine.
- This role requires up to 10% travel which may include occasional international travel
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Strong oral and written communication skills to clearly and concisely present information to management
- Experience working with MRP/ERP systems
- The ability to evaluate and make recommendations on quality control processes
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work closely with Operations, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and Sourcing as well as Product Engineering, and Shipping
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelorâ??s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology with 3+ years or Associates Degree with 5+ years or 7+ years of relevant experience
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Work experience with AutoCAD or SolidWorks or Creo / Windchill
- A strong working knowledge of machine and tool design
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Five (5) yearsâ?? work experience in a Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering position
- Knowledge of or Experience working with Lean principles, 5S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma, and Standardized Work
- Experience with welding, galvanizing, stamping, machining, and fixtures
- Professional certifications CME (Certified Manufacturing Engineer) and/or PE (Professional Engineer)
- Masterâ??s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their personal and family's overall wellness needs are met. Benefits include*:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
*Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
- Work is performed in the office, on the manufacturing floor and at machine fabrication/process development.Â
- The incumbent will be communicating with people around the world using all methods available at irregular times during the day.Â
- The employee is expected to be able to operate computers, cell phones, etc., as well as operate the processes they are responsible for in developing standardized work, demonstrating capability and training.Â
- Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests.
- The employee will occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.Â
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [email protected]