3575 25th St SE Salem Oregon 97302-1123
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The LME - Maintenance Technician position is an individual contributor at Microflect Salem, Oregon location. This person must be a highly driven individual that will assist in performing preventative maintenance & repairs on all plant equipment and facilities including hydraulic machines, presses and shears. Performs highly skilled technical work in areas of installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment with a wide knowledge and high degree of proficiency. The incumbent does installations of equipment and performs common repairs and replacements. The LME - Maintenance Technician has a solid knowledge and the ability to follow Arc Flash requirements which are pertinent to the job. The employee is responsible for the installation of distribution equipment including gutters, disconnects, conduits and cables in accordance with UL and National Electrical Code as well as the proper replacement or adjustment of mechanical clutches and drive trains. The technician electrical functions which include installation and repair of lighting up to 480V, repair of small fixtures, fans, and appliances and repair of manufacturing equipment, CNC equipment, plasma cutters, and motors up to 480V. Performs electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair plant production equipment. Uses trouble shooting aids, such as digital VOM to accurately interpret readings. The types of equipment serviced and maintained include: cranes, lathes, drills, presses, press brakes, shears, high frequency induction equipment, distribution equipment, CNC and NC equipment. Apart from general house cleaning tasks, the LME - Maintenance Technician also performs general responsibilities such as recording labor and materials and the reporting of abnormal conditions and safety hazards. The incumbent will also occasionally be in charge of different industrial lifting equipment and is expected to operate all the hoists and forklifts in a safe and efficient manner.
- This position reports to the Operations Manager and currently has no direct or indirect reports
- Responsible for assisting in the performance of preventative maintenance & repairs on all plant equipment and facilities including hydraulic machines, presses, shears, cranes, welders, mechanical clutches, drive trains, electrical panel and general electrical wiring, electrical motors etc.
- Troubleshoot Electrical and electronic as well as hydraulic & pneumatic troubleshooting
- Replacing or repairing power to a machine, replacing proximity switches, replacing a hydraulic pump, replacing a hydraulic or pneumatic cylinder
- Verify installation of electrical equipment meets National Electrical Codes, OSHA and Valmont Safety Standards is a decision of the technician
- Responsible for repair of worn parts, straightens and fabricates fixtures. Makes new installation of equipment and performs major repairs/replacements
- Seek opportunities for efficiencies and improvements within the maintenance department
- Proper installation of equipment ensuring that necessary safety standards are adhered to
- Perform maintenance tasks according to production needs to minimize downtime
- Support manufacturing demands including working during non-peak hours (e.g., off-shifts, holidays, weekends, etc.) as required/assigned). Occasionally will work on MFG product at times utilizing maintenance equipment, lathe and or vertical mill
- Respond to on-duty emergency requests and after-hours call-ins
- Performs of strategic preventative maintenance; continuous improvement of maintenance systems and practices
- Performs general maintenance tasks including buildings, grounds, (snow removal), etc.
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) and work both in a non-temperature controlled environment and outdoors
- Other duties as required and/or assigned by management
Other Important Details about the Role:
- The employee is responsible for own work
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality, productivity, TME (total manufacturing expenses), and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for hand tools, electrical tools, volt/ohm and amp meters and other testing equipment, welders, including transportation equipment and lifting equipment
- Required considerable care and attention on the part of the employee to minimize damage to gauges, tools and equipment
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and a willingness to take personal responsibility for safety is required
- Responsible to maintain the work area in a safe condition
- Pre-use checklists will be filled out by the employee for forklifts and other material handling equipment
- Lockout/tagout procedures are mandatory
- Work alongside a lesser-skilled technician or vendor. In this case, the employee needs to take care that the lesser-skilled technician or vendor is working safely and correctly.
- Assist the new co-worker with the task at hand or help train a future Maintenance helper
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- A valid driver's license and Oregon LME license (Limited Maintenance Electrician)
- Three (3) years of experience in industrial maintenance
- Basic working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook or similar email software
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards in a high-paced working environment
- Ability to be Valmont trained and certified in operation of forklift
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings
- Must be available for on-call rotation
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications;
- Associates degree in industrial maintenance, engineering and/or equivalent
- Six (6) to Nine (9) years of experience in industrial/manufacturing maintenance
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- Working knowledge of single and three phase electrical circuitry with an ability to read electrical schematics
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Experience performing all position arc and wire feed welding on steel and aluminum
- Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, water and natural gas plumbing
- Experience with operating milling machine, lathe, drill press and a wide variety of hand tools.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.