28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Want to learn how to weld? Have us teach you a trade that will last a lifetime! Valmont is immediately hiring individuals for our Welder Training Program.
Training will be from 7 am - 3 pm Monday through Friday for approximately 2 weeks. After training program is successfully completed, participants will have the opportunity to be placed into our 3rd shift Irrigation welding shop.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The Welder Trainee will be a highly motivated and talented individuals looking to learn welding positions in our Irrigation Operations division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will weld metal components together to construct products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders.
- Participate in two or more weeks of instructional and hands-on training in basic production welding skills including blueprint reading, shop safety, welding technique and weld quality
- Fuse or weld metal structural components together by means of arc welding in the fabrication of steel electrical poles, substations, and other structures
- Perform welding operations requiring a limited amount of planning of work from blueprints or other written specifications and determining operation sequence
- Utilize all safety devices and wear all mandatory personal protective safety equipment
- Adjust welding equipment to its prescribed settings
- Maintain and operate production tooling and fixtures as well all welding equipment in a safe and secure manner
- Read and complete labor reporting system, standard shop forms, and blueprints
- Performs minor welding machine maintenance (i.e. tips, liners, gas cups)
- Uses labor reporting system, routing shop forms, and fills out move tags
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Candidates who satisfactorily complete the welder training program, including requirements for attendance, participation, and performance, will become eligible for a welding position
- Candidates who do not satisfactorily complete the welder training program due to unmet performance requirements may become eligible for further training or an opportunity to join the Valmont team in a non-welding position
- Candidates may also be asked to enroll in welding courses at a local community college, expenses paid, to further their training and development
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Previous hands-on welding experience
- Commitment to learning how to weld in a production environment
- The ability to accurately read a measuring tape
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- The ability to complete an on onsite welding assessment
- The ability to work over ten hours a week of overtime when required for business needs
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- American Welding Society (AWS) welding certification from a recognized school
- Six months of previous hands-on welding experience in a professional environment
- The ability to read and interpret blue prints correctly without assistance
- High awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to identify and communicate maintenance or product problems to departmental supervision
- Passion and integrity and the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.