2718 Marshall Drive Tifton Georgia 31793
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Application Sales Specialist position is accountable for the integration of products to full project implementation. This includes working with all global irrigation regions to create proposals and working day to day with the Global Technical Sales (GTS) Team and Valley Territory Sales Manager (TSM) Team. The Application Sales Intern principal accountability is to maximize the opportunity for sales by maximizing the sales process to gain market share. The Application Sales Intern assist in coordinating policies, programs, objectives, and procedures as they apply to product, service, training, warranty, distribution, parts, innovation, and technology. This is to be accomplished in a manner which increases the overall success of Valley Water Management and maximizes the global total potential for irrigation product sales. The Application Sales Intern will also coordinate with the Application Sales Specialist to assist in various projects and on day to day proposals. The incumbent will work hand in hand with the Application Sales Specialist to learn the process and also provide feedback to help process become more efficient.
- Create proposals for all Water Management products to meet customer specifications and requirements
- Collaborate with TSM and GTS team on all Water Management products and customer inquiries
- Collaborate with Product Management on new products and provide feedback from the market
- Ensure timely completion of work products to meet demands of the internal teams and customer requests
- Work with Aftermarket Parts Sales team and Purchasing division to ensure accurate and timely product shipments
- Assist Warranty department with data and information related to Water Management product warranties
- Create, streamline and maintain new processes and procedures for product information, quotes and customer jobs
- Recommend new products and enhancements to existing products based on input from customers, dealers and internal personnel
- Collaborate with other irrigation business departments to help identify products to be used and integrated
- Participate in information gathering and proposal writing as required by the business
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Senior standing within an Agricultural Engineering, Agronomy, Soil Science, Mechanized Systems, Soil Mechanics, Soil Conservation or related agriculture field degree with two years of course work completed
- A valid U.S. driver's license
- The ability to work independently and build relationships
- The ability to schedule daily workload without supervision or direction
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently with employees, suppliers, vendors and Valmont Valley Irrigation Dealers
- The ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous priorities
- The ability to develop strong leadership, problem solving and planning skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of the material, costs, techniques and processes used within the Sales area
- Judgment and decision making skills while comparing relative cost and benefit potential
- Deductive reasoning ability to formulate answers to specific questions that make sense
- Efficient use of Microsoft suite of products
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Great opportunity to gain career related course work experience from an industry leader
- Paid Internship - Valmont values you
- Potential development into a regular full-time position
- Flexible full-time day shift hours during the summer
- A thriving culture in a growing business
- Interactive group activities with intern peers
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel and type. Reaching hands and arms above shoulder height while working in the office or out in a field may be required. Many of the dealerships require the use of stairs to access the premises or office areas. Incumbent must be able to climb up and down stairs when elevators are not available. The employee is occasionally required to stand for extended periods. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Incumbent must have a valid US driver's license and be willing to drive to the different venues.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.