15000 Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This Individual Contributor position provides coordination between internal business users and the department for software development and IT Operations efforts supporting enterprise applications. Design, develop, implement and support enterprise system application implementations and major business subsystems within the organization. Analyze project requirements, develop effort estimates, task dependencies and provide technical support. This role is a front line position with our customers and requires excellent communication skills including training, testing, and project coordination. After requirements are gathered, the Business Analyst routes standard work through their processes. Exceptions are worked through the department team members, project team members and the Senior Manager IT Business Applications. Tech writing of requirements, training and process documentation, and using lean troubleshooting tools. Provide assistance with enterprise application systems.
- This position reports to the Senior Manager of IT Business Applications and has no direct or indirect reports
- This role requires up to 20% travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
- Flexible schedule however must be able to work in the office xxx days per week
- This position is responsible for engaging internal customers with the department's platforms
- Analyze and translate user requirements into technical design and development projects
- Assist programming in identifying fields to execute data conversion and integrations
- Validate data migration from current systems to new systems
- Validate data in system integrations
- Conduct and validate testing & training for project team and end users
- Lead project team and end users in execution of user acceptance testing
- Document identified issues
- Collaborate with project team to resolve identified issues
- Monitor and assist project team and end users in the execution of the final user acceptance testing
- Provide on-going technical support and participate in user application training
- Provide documentation, technical specifications and infrastructure requirements for each application
- Re-engineer business processes through analysis of alternative process designs and implementation to achieve speed, simplicity, accuracy and competitive advantage
- Keep abreast of and apply best practices in process design and system development and implementation
Other Important Details about the Role:
The incumbent must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and utilize various media to clarify business process issues and opportunities and to obtain approval for recommended solutions. Direction is provided by the immediate supervisor and normally consists of relative priority and timing requirements of the assignment, business process requirements and tradeoffs, assigned resources, security and/or performance requirements, interface and technical requirements. The incumbent is free to coordinate assigned resources to maximize production output and quality, and to develop and implement business systems within the parameters provided and subject to supervisory direction and user acceptance testing and approval. A high level of initiative and self- motivation is necessary to be successful.
Implementation of major business systems requires a broad understanding of business problems and the definition and evaluation of alternative solutions. Solutions must consider feasibility and organizational impacts. An implementation plan is developed and maintained. The incumbent should have a sound understanding of the economics of testing to promote quality at a reasonable cost. The system user or customer is fully involved at each stage of implementation to help insure the accuracy of the solution. Supervisor is kept informed of progress toward the goal, issues, problems, conflicts and opportunities to help guide the project toward completion.
This position participates within the Shared Services - IT Application Services Department to deliver solutions for the business, including consulting with users about software system design and maintenance; gathering and documenting requirements from the department's customers; analyzing user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints; coordinating department resources with inbound requirements; conferring with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces; store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements; train users to use new or modified equipment; coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met; and develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation. Must be capable of clear, professional and courteous verbal communication and articulate written communication. Communication in person and via telephone and email is required daily and is expected to be tailored to the intended audience. End-user communication must be presented so a non-technical employee can follow instructions to facilitate rapid resolution. Rapport and teamwork must be maintained with all members of Valmont's IT staff. This person also works directly and independently with business units' functional communities such as Marketing, HR, Accounting, Operations, Facilities, Security, IT, Executive Management, and legal assisting with their daily jobs and use of our platforms.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 7+ years relevant experience or 9+ years relevant experience
- Two years' experience as a subject matter expert in using multiple business systems to support a corporate business environment
- Excellent understanding of financial business processes
- Must be available for U.S. and international travel up to 20%
- Excellent understanding of computer technology as it applied to business processes
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical ability
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent time management skills working with multiple agile & waterfall projects and deadlines
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Experience functioning as a project team lead or project coordinator
- Must be able to work effectively with people at all levels, solve personal conflicts, understand and diagnose the causes of change resistance and initiate corrective action
- Experience working with Jira, ERP systems, Azure Dev Ops
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Travel requirements are up to 20% for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.