28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Mechanical Engineering Intern position in the Global Irrigation division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will be an active participant in contributing to the goals of the Mechanical Engineering team, while learning best practices from some of the finest Engineers in the world. You will learn a tremendous amount in this role and will be given exposure to other parts of the business, including subject matter experts from a wide variety of divisions and professions. Valmont's internship program mission is provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
- This position reports to the Mechanical Engineering Manager
- This role may require up to 10% travel (domestic)
- Engage in design and development activities to meet project requirements
- Work with individuals from Manufacturing Engineering, Ag Specialty, Service and Engineering Services to ensure design efficiency and manufacturability
- Participate in technical design review meetings and conference calls and provide mechanical design direction and input
- Learn and follow standard design and development procedures, recommending updates to design procedures when needed
- Develop modifications to existing designs and products to meet changes in manufacturing capabilities, support cost reduction activities, and address reliability and warranty issues
- Be involved in the engineering design and development of new products to meet requirements as defined by the Product Management team
- Responsible for maintaining good relationships with customers, field personnel and other Valmont departments to ensure the most efficient working environment
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting laboratory or field testing as situations dictate
- Provide technical support to other departments as required toward meeting the needs of our customers
- Junior or Senior pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Mechanical, electrical or electronic aptitude
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the internship
- Experience in an agricultural setting
- 3D computer aided design experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.