4131 Hwy 17 South Bartow Florida 33830-7567
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position will assist in multiple areas with a primary focus on Accounts Payable, Purchasing, inventory reconciliation, receptionist duties and assisting with various administrative functions of the Bartow facility. The individual will divide time between a wide variety of tasks and assist other office personnel to ensure an efficient and organized office that meets all requirements and deadlines. This individual reports to the Site Controller.
- Must be able to match vendor invoices with purchase orders and receiving tickets, scan invoices for payment in a timely manner in compliance with Accounting Narratives and complete all reporting
- Must be able to source supplies and enter purchase orders into ERP system. Individual will be responsible for ensuring requisitions are turned in from department leaders and requisitions are converted into purchase orders
- Ensure account codes are properly entered to match budgeted accounts
- Review items received, but no invoiced, for possible accrual journal entry
- Must be able to answer phones, greet and assist visitors; add appointment to calendars as needed and assist with various tasks from Safety/Environmental, Customer Service, and Logistics to Project Management.
- Ensures that all financial and accounting entries are accurate and reflect the transaction described by supporting documents.
- Ensures that accounting records conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Consult site management and/or Site Controller if you have any questions
- Maintain an attitude that unlawful or unethical actions are not acceptable
- Responsible for obtaining and processing W-9's for new vendors
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality on all non-public information that might be of use to competitors, or harmful to Valmont or its customers
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
- At least one year of clerical experience
- One to three years of accounts payable or accounting-related experience is required. More than three years of experience is preferred
- Working knowledge and demonstrate ability in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a fast paced environment
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Associate's degree within a field related to the listed responsibilities
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple distractions
- Strong analytical, problem-solving math skills
Working Environment and Physical Efforts: Can be used for the majority of administrative positions
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.