955 North Haverhill Rd El Dorado Kansas 67042-4806
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
2nd Shift (3:30 pm - 2:00 am; M - F)
Starting Wage $25.92/hr + $1 shift differential
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Reporting directly to the Shift Supervisor, the Leadperson is an individual contributor who assists with the supervision of the shift operations for the shipping and large pole departments. The Leadperson will execute procedures to maintain an effective, disciplined, and well trained workforce.
- Function as a backup to the Supervisor in his/her absence
- Manage activities related to shop floor control and packets
- Responsible for inventory cycle counting and reconciling inventory discrepancies
- Analyze and set-up times for accuracy, review labor hours, and meet production control schedules
- Establish and enforce quality expectations to meet or exceed the customers' expectations
- Provide training to support departmental needs
- Promote, institute, and maintain a safe, clean, and hazard free work environment
- Control costs and expenses by working with employees and teams to identify and reduce consumables and eliminate waste
- Be responsible for the housekeeping and equipment during the shift
- Support Lean Manufacturing initiatives
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Setup, operate, and perform general maintenance of equipment without difficulty
- Make mathematical calculations in preparing product or setting up the machinery
- Read and decipher blue prints and flat sheets without assistance
- The employee must maintain a safe and productive work environment producing a quality product which is shipped complete and on time to satisfy the needs of the customer
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality, productivity, and delivery
- This position reports to the Production Supervisor and could have up to 20 indirect reports
- This position will have regular contact with Maintenance, Production, Human Resources, Safety, and other areas
- Thorough knowledge of the equipment and processes in the areas
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 year of previous experience in a manufacturing setting
- 1 year of previous experience in a welding role and successful completion of an internal weld test
- 1 year of previous experience operating a forklift and successful completion of internal forklift certification
- The ability to calculate simple mathematics and interpret shop drawings
- Basic working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook or similar email software
- The ability to operate overhead cranes
- The ability to read a tape measure
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards in a high-paced working environment
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds, with most frequent lift up to 20 pounds
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Must have a high awareness of safety at all times
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- 1 year of previous leadership experience
- 3 years of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is performed in both an outdoor and indoor shop environment. This position will be exposed to all hazards located at manufacturing sites including noise, fumes, excessive heat/cold, dust, welding arc, all chemicals associated with the manufacturing areas, smoke and confined spaces. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The job requires safety glasses, hearing protection, and metatarsal safety shoes be worn at all times. The employee must be able to spend the entire work shift on their feet within the shop environment. The incumbent must also be able to wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) for working in the production facility.
This job requires handling metal objects some of which have sharp edges. Extreme care and awareness should be taken for all production jobs. Below are some common hazards that exist for this particular position. Set up and run of equipment provides the potential for injury through slips, falls, strains, pinch points, tripping hazards, shot blasting equipment, high pressure air nozzles, material handling equipment.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.