28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This Individual Contributor position is a technical sales resource for the promotion and development of our marketplace presence within Engineering organizations and our customer base. In addition, this position will require gaining the knowledge of new product to best identify opportunities in the marketplace and improve our support for the customer. The person will have product knowledge of short span bridge structures in conjunction with a structural engineering background for the technical understanding of product infrastructure. In addition the person will have knowledge of how products are procured in the transportation marketplace.
- This position reports to the Director of Engineering with associated accountability to the Business Development Director for Con-Struct Bridge Systems and has no direct or indirect reports
- This role requires up to 50% travel domestically, including overnight stays
- Builds relationships with key engineering firms/clients
- Provides customer specification support to best position Valmont for future Quotation and Order wins
- Demonstrates how our products exceed those of competitors
- Suggests modifications and/or adjustments to products or customer documents that meet customer needs
- Produces weekly reports on activities and opportunities within the areas of focus
- Provides a technical resource to both internal and external customer base
- Provides engineering assistance to create customer specifications
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years relevant experience
- Five years of structural engineering experience
- Two years of professional experience interpreting customer specifications, customer needs and market/sales needs
- Previous experience presenting to Engineers and non-technical audiences
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Products including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated strengths in interpersonal skills, including the ability to adapt and professionally communicate with a variety of people in a positive manner to build and cultivate lasting business relationships
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations
- The ability to travel domestically up to 50% of the time
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- PE Certification
- Prior knowledge of sales trends and relevant bridge industry knowledge
- The ability to solve complex problems with high attention to detail and work in a fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines
- A person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and delver exceptional results
- Demonstrated experience identifying opportunities to create focused specifications to improve company sales success.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. 50% travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.