500 2nd Street Huron South Dakota 57350
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Technical Support Rep is responsible for the support of the technology product portfolio for new and existing customers. Responsible for dealer and end user customer technical support primarily over the phone and through Live Chat. This position requires excellent listening skills, a calm demeanor, technical knowledge of electrical and electronic circuitry and a willingness to work technical issues through to resolution. Includes answering questions regarding equipment installation, service, trouble shooting, website, and App navigation. Additional duties include assisting in development of dealer and end user reference material and training curriculum. During the off-season this position will work in assembly/production and other duties as necessary.
- Answer dealer/customer questions regarding installation, troubleshooting and website navigation
- Assist customers inquires about products and services
- Determine the nature of the call and the best path to resolution, escalating to next level, as necessary
- Create Return Material Authorization (RMA) requests and document warranty claims
- Prepare product and/or service reports by collecting and analyzing call data
- This position reports to the Director of Operations
- This role requires less than 5% travel domestically, possibly including overnight stays.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Communicate and help resolve issues to the appropriate departments for resolutions- includes website, app and hardware
- Present at domestic and international meetings as required
- Communicate and train new products and features to staff and dealers
- Resolve hardware, software and other issues
- May be assigned to manage Special Projects on an as needed basis
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate:
- High School Diploma and 4+ Years of relevant experience in customer service and support
- Must have the ability and personality to calmly deal with de-escalate tense situations in the field and on the phone
- Effectively communicate technical solutions, ideas, and questions
- Ability to work in a team environment to balance high call volume and multiple priorities
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to colleagues and customers is preferred
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelors or Degree in Agriculture, Engineering, Irrigation is preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak in both Spanish and English preferred
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous priorities is preferred
- Precision agriculture experience preferred
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Understanding of various crops and farming practices
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
*Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.