15000 Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Leadership Development Intern will support the day-to-day activities of the department while working closely with all members of the Leadership Development / Talent Management team. They will contribute to the business, will lead and own certain deliverables and will also be assigned to specific, meaningful projects throughout the duration of the internship including supporting the leadership development program management, coordination, tracking, and continuous improvement efforts.
Valmont's internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
- This position reports to the Manager of Leadership Development and has no direct or indirect reports
- Flexible schedule, work from home (opportunity to work in the office 1-2 days per week if in Omaha/Valley area)
- Opportunity to travel up to 10% (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
- Coordinates, monitors, and reports on leadership development training activity for the organization
- Builds and maintains a schedule of training for existing leaders and new leaders to include current and future leadership development programs
- Helps manage and coordinate training materials for distribution
- Analyze workforce data as it relates to training measurement and talent development strategies
- Critique existing communications processes and make process improvement recommendations
- Participates in group learning activities designed to provide a broader exposure to and understanding of the business
- Owns 1-2 projects that will be focuses for the duration of the internship; presents key findings and recommendations to members of HR leadership
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's Degree or progress towards Bachelor's Degree with an anticipated graduation within 16 months (Junior or Senior status)
- Previous coursework in human resources, talent development, psychology, talent management, adult education, or other similar topics
- Demonstrates understanding of and alignment to our core values of: integrity, continuous improvement, passion and delivering results
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Ability and desire to present information for groups of employees
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Prior experience working in a Human Resource function or similar
- Pursuit of Master's Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources or similar field
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Public speaking coursework or direct presentation experience
- Understanding of basic statistical analysis
- Great opportunity to gain career related course work experience from an industry leader
- Paid Internship - Valmont values you
- Potential development into a regular full-time position
- Flexible full-time day shift hours during the summer
- A thriving culture in a growing business
- Interactive group activities with intern peers
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Opportunity to travel up to 10% (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays. Travel requirement is occasional. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.