28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The primary responsibility of the Inside Shipper is to accurately pick, count, and pack parts for shipment to our customers. Inside Shipper 1 is the first step in a progressive line of shipping positions which enables employees to move into higher level positions as they gain experience and acquire additional skills. Responsibilities include operating a variety of material handling and packaging equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The Inside Shipper 1 will also be expected to maintain appropriate housekeeping and safety standards.
- Accurately pick, count, and pack parts for shipment
- Participate in departmental/cell functions under the direction of a shift supervisor or department lead
- Operate a variety of material handling and packaging equipment which may include: forklifts, order pickers, banding and crimping tools, capping machines, lift tables, small hand tools, vacu-lifts, weigh scales, staple/nail guns, barcode scanners, storage carousels, and wrapping machines
- Maintain appropriate housekeeping standards in assigned work area
- Wear all required PPE and comply with all safety policies and standards
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, read, write, and count accurately
- A working knowledge of using e-mail
- The ability to work with wood and small hand tools such as tape measures, crimping tools, scales, banders, and air-driven staple/nail guns
- The ability to stand, bend, push, pull, climb, lift and walk
- The ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds frequently throughout the shift
- The ability to work over ten hours a week in overtime when required for business needs
- The ability to operate overhead cranes, forklifts, straddle trucks, shag trucks, or weigh counting scales
- An understanding of documents pertaining to packing and shipping of irrigation products
- An acceptable work history and attendance record
- Material handling and inventory experience
- A satisfactory safety record and constant awareness of others safety as well as their own
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Prior shipping experience
- Experience using radio frequency scanners
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.