75 South Hwy 83 McCook Nebraska 69001-8569
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Drives gasoline or liquefied gas powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, stack, tier, or move products, equipment and material. Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to work over ten hours a week in overtime when required for business needs
- A working knowledge of using e-mail
- One month of related work experience or training
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measure including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- The ability to compute rates, ratio and percentages
- The ability to draw and interpret non-complex bar graphs
- The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and short correspondence such as e-mails and memos
- The ability to write simple correspondence
- The ability to be forklift certified by Valmont within 30 days of start date
Additional Qualifications (Required):
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- The ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- The ability to independently service the production workers in a fashion that expedites the workflow thus determining which area to service first when multiple areas are simultaneously in need of having material/tooling moved
- The ability to recognize errors in shipping and part order papers and bring them to the attention of the appropriate supervisor
- The ability to effectively present information to small groups of customers and other employees
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.