15000 Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for an internship position in the Corporate Information Technology Department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will be responsible for assisting with projects involving engineering, administration, and management of network systems in the global enterprise network.
Valmont's internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
- Develop and maintain Information Technology operational processes and tasks.
- Communicate with telecommunications vendors to obtain pricing and technical specifications for available hardware, software, or services.
- Collaborate with systems staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with personnel and facilities management staff to install, remove, or relocate user connectivity equipment and devices
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and network products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Monitor, analyze, and predict trends for network equipment performance, resource allocation, and data bandwidth utilization growth to recommend enhancements to the IT management team.
- Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance operations, including installing or upgrading hardware or software.
- Establish functional or system standards to ensure operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints are addressed.
- Create required reports in response to business user needs.
- Create or update technical documentation for network installations or changes to existing installations.
- Design and perform network audits, device configuration backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior standing pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Management Information Systems, or another relevant degree
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Energetic and self-motivated team player with ability to work effectively and cooperatively with project and infrastructure teams
- Strong working knowledge of proactive and auto-corrective monitoring practices
- Great opportunity to gain career related course work experience from an industry leader
- Paid Internship - Valmont values you
- Potential development into a regular full-time position
- Flexible full-time day shift hours during the summer
- A thriving culture in a growing business
- Interactive group activities with intern peers
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.