15000 Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for an internship position in the Corporate Information Technology Department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will be responsible for assisting with projects involving our data center operations and enterprise systems application support.
Valmont's internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
- This position reports to the Manager IT and has no direct reports or indirect reports
- This role requires no travel
- Flexible schedule however must be able to work in the office 3 days per week
- Responsibilities include configuring, installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, upgrading and repairing the servers and client computer systems
- Work with Microsoft stack, Microsoft exchange, Active directory, Skype, Windows server, etc.
- VMware, Nutanix AHV
- Work with team leads on Solarwinds Orion, Varonis and Tanium
- Assures that all systems and programs within the assigned area adhere to department standards and include appropriate controls and audit trails
- Participates and provides positive input during team meetings
- Handles support needs that may arise and given the nature of the application it may require after hours support
- Provide quality products, processes, and services to achieve company goals
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Junior or Senior level student in Information Technology, MIS and/or Computer Science
- Excellent computer skills to include all Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project or similar)
- Basic knowledge of networking devices and TCP/IP protocol
- Basic knowledge of Windows Hyper-V and VMware ESXi
- Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion requiring minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines which must be met
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Cumulative Grade Point average (GPA) of 3.0 or greater
- Interest in data center infrastructure
- Knowledge of Windows desktop operating system, including Windows 7, 8 & 10
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019
- Knowledge of Microsoft's Active Directory user/computer administration
- Great opportunity to gain career related course work experience from an industry leader
- Paid Internship - Valmont values you
- Potential development into a regular full-time position
- Flexible full-time day shift hours during the summer
- A thriving culture in a growing business
- Interactive group activities with intern peers
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.