9700 SW Herman Road Tualatin Oregon 97062-8151
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Truck Driver position in the Shipping and Receiving department in the Global Coatings Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will operate a Valmont tractor-trailer to pick-up and/or deliver Valmont products safely and efficiently. Additionally, you will...
- Inspect truck and trailers for defects before and after loads and report any defects
- Operate a forklift to load and unload trucks as well as to stage and organize materials in the yard
- Maintain maintenance logs on forklifts making certain it is in good operating condition at all times
- Operate equipment and vehicles safely, protecting self and others from accident and injury
- Maintain all necessary Department of Transportation (DOT) papers for record keeping requirements
- Report and maintain an accurate driver's log for DOT requirements
What it takes
- Must have a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Two years of previous experience driving a commercial truck in a professional environment
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work in extreme weather conditions
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- One year of previous experience operating a forklift
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.