28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Global Trade Supervisor's main function is to maximize the supply chain by facilitating compliant and effective international shipments on behalf of the business units. The Global Trade Supervisor will utilize knowledge about global trade, business, and trade law compliance to enhance the business unit's transactions around the globe.
- This position reports to the Vice President Global Supply Chain and has one direct report and no indirect reports
- This role requires up to 20% travel internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
- Determines areas of non-compliance, evaluates risk, and recommends corrective actions
- Executes and implements trade processes and distills information into various reports and presents accordingly
- Researches, reports, and implements International Trade Data to ensure global import and export compliance
- Develop, implement, enhance, and maintain trade compliance management systems, policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Generates cost savings by reducing reliance on 3rd party service providers
- Acts as subject matter expert for company-wide trade inquiries
- Classify all products for import and export via CBP HTS #, BIS ECCN #, Schedule B, ITAR
- Maintains and updates Export Compliance program data
- Analyzes goods for USMCA and other Free Trade Agreements eligibility, maintain certification for same
- Maintains relationships with Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders
- Researches and reports foreign market import/export admissibility of Valmont product, including customs duties and VAT
- Maintains and updates Corporate Compliance Manual
- Researches and advises correct use of incoterms during purchasing negotiations
- Ensures employee understanding of legal regulations and principles relative to the import and export of products through communications and training
- Keeps abreast of changes in global trade regulations to ensure company compliance
- Assists with the analysis of costing data to support the qualifications of goods for FTA's
- Executes import and export compliance testing
- Provides assistance to service providers (brokers & forwarders) with import/export activities as needed
- Maintaining database with HS Code, ECCN & export restrictions for newly developed products
Other Important Details about the Role:
This position will report to the Vice President Global Supply Chain, but will work closely with International Logistics, Sales, General Managers, and Purchasing. Incumbent must have all basic understandings of international trade practices and be able to execute the trade compliance function. Experience, education, and knowledge of international trade strongly encouraged. Incumbent must possess strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to work in a team-environment, and able to communicate effectively. Incumbent must possess ability to make independent decisions, but still with an understanding that decisions must be in line with common goals for the company, supervisor, and co-workers. Thinking requirements must be in line with being a team-player. Incumbent must possess ability to make decisions based on risk assessment, but still have discernment to know when to include supervisor, and/or ramifications of the decision.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelor's degree with 5+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 7+ years relevant experience or 9+ years of relevant experience
- International trade, customs and/or international logistics experience and working environment
- Border Protection Import/Export Compliance Programs knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work cross-functionally as member of global team
- Self-starter, ability to work on multiple tasks with minimum supervision
- Excellent follow-through
- Ideal candidate will possess a career interest in the international field and or global trade
- Exceptional organizational abilities, including ability to organize and manage large volumes of data
- Ability to interpret data and regulations
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of standard transportation/logistics practices, International transportation/logistics practices and U.S. Customs
- Licensed broker
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Travel requirements are up to 20% (domestic and international) with overnight stays. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.