674 Industrial Park Drive Claxton Georgia 30417
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Welder 1 role is responsible for performing stick welding on the pre-pour form of the pole. This is non-structural and non-certifiable welding, but requires a steady hand. May be asked to assist other crews when needed.
- Read and interpret blueprints to understand work specifications
- Keep track of materials, tools and equipment needed for welding projects and inform supervisor in case of shortage
- Be able to stick weld
- Must be able to perform a weld to a product that is located on a positioner.
- Weld pipes
- Assist in cleaning up work sites and setting up welding equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports to the Plant Manager and has no direct reports
- Must have a high awareness for the safety of other employees and machines used in the production area
- Ability to understand and follow through with direction from management
- Participate in LEAN and 5S projects, as well as keep immediate production area clean
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to work one (1) to two (2) shifts of overtime per week
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures with exposure to chemicals and irritating particulates
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Ability to follow instructions from others
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings, specifications and codes
- Ability to read write and perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with average lift at 10 lbs.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Experience with or knowledgeable of pole production process
- Knowledge of the technological instructions for the production of poles
- Ability to prioritize work in order to complete deadlines
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
*Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.