28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for an internship position in the Information Technology Department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will be responsible for assisting with business application development.
Valmont's internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
- This position reports to the Manager IT and has no direct reports or indirect reports
- This role requires no travel
- Writes and documents application requirements and service desk support tickets
- Responsible for analysis, programming, testing, and support of business applications
- Creativity in the resolution of user problems as well as a timely completion of assignments
- Participates and provides positive input during team meetings
- Handles support needs that may arise
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Junior or Senior level student in Information Technology, MIS and/or Computer Science
- Relational database technologies and SQL
- Excellent computer skills to include all Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project or similar)
- Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Cumulative Grade Point average (GPA) of 3.0 or greater
- Great opportunity to gain career related course work experience from an industry leader
- Paid Internship - Valmont values you
- Potential development into a regular full-time position
- Flexible full-time day shift hours during the summer
- A thriving culture in a growing business
- Interactive group activities with intern peers
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.