19845 US Hwy 76 Newberry South Carolina 29108
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Under the immediate direction of the Purchasing Manager this position is responsible for acquiring raw materials, supplies and services necessary for our locations to produce products to meet customer orders and/or general business/administration needs.
- Responsible for acquiring materials from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of demand.
- Ensure the effective purchase of various materials by applying the Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Prepare and transmit requests for quotes, prints and purchase orders.
- Enter purchase orders into AS400, check for accuracy and distribute copies.
- Maintains necessary records of purchases, pricing, suppliers, and files for efficient operations.
- Assist in training suppliers to be established within our system once approved.
- Participates in efforts to improve supplier performance.
- Works the daily past due report to monitor on time delivery.
- Actively follow up and expedite orders as needed to meet production needs.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with other departments to help maintain inventory.
- Reviews opportunities for new supply sources and suitability of materials offered.
- Post non-inventory items receiving report and work past dues on supply PO's.
- Work with Receiving, Accounting and Quality Departments to resolve issues.
- Type snap-outs for returns/parts out for repair, RFQ's, update Supplier contact information.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge and skills on industry related and professional level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All of the above essential functions require the ability to communicate effectively, be detail oriented, be quick to grasp new concepts, read and follow procedures, instructions, interpersonal skills etc., and to use varying degrees of independence, judgment and discretion with decisions based on established policy and procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
Associate's Degree required with at least 3 years purchasing experience. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel required.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.