2411 Pilot Knob Road Mendota Heights Minnesota 55120-1119
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is accountable to assist in various maintenance duties.
- Responsible for cleaning out water curtain paint booths with a shovel, moving drums of paint sludge.
- Emptying trash and cardboard, changing air filters and other labor duties.
- You will be helping disassemble water pumps, motors and other shop equipment that may fail or need preventative maintenance.
- Using power and hand tools (cordless drills, air ratchets).
- Able to follow safety training and instructions, set up equipment, use and clean up equipment relevant to their task.
- Able to follow work direction, have good dexterity, and work well with little supervision.
- Must wear boots at all times and other PPE when necessary.
- Trained to operate a fork and scissors lift.
- Able to stand and move 90% of the time, kneel and bend 25% of the time.
- Ability to work in adverse conditions: wet, hot, dusty, dirty and cold.
- Ability to MIG weld would be a plus.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports directly to the Production Lead
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of people.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High school graduate or equivalent. Able to read and write English.
- Have good math skills, fractions, feet, gallons, know what a 7/16" open head wrench is for example.
- Be capable of lifting up to fifty pounds
- Show interest for improvement and advancement
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
All of the working conditions for this position is in a manufacturing shop environment with exposure to dirt, grease, fumes, cold, heat, noise, dust. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic and safety safeguards such as hearing protection and respirator & paint equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds in working with large containers for paint and equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.2021-08-28-07:00