12015 Merritt Rd Grandview Missouri 64030
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is an individual contributor role accountable to support the Project Manager in the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of medium to high voltage electrical substation and transmission line material procurement project ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitment and goals.
- This position reports to the Senior Director of Substation Packaging and has no direct reports and no indirect reports
- This role requires up to 10% travel domestically including overnight stays
- Review clients detailed drawings, written specifications and perform "Take-off" of custom structures, equipment and material required for electrical substations
- Prepare estimates based on technical specifications, scope of work, drawings and/or sketches - including detailed quantities of take-offs for each job order and entering line items into an excel spreadsheet
- Determine the most economic and cost efficient material conforming to project drawings and specifications
- Confirm all necessary materials and supplies are included in the scope of work and ensure that unnecessary items are excluded from the estimates.
- Obtain quotes from several manufacturers for equipment and material items. Be able to negotiate pricing with manufacturers.
- Be responsible for accurate quantity take-offs on quotations for customers
- Organize material lists for electrical substation or transmission lines
- Prepare accurate material orders
- Review and check in material at arrival to verify compliance with project orders.
- Assist in order execution, ensuring that all contract requirements and project management procedures are followed
- Assist Project Manager in tracking required submittals, preparing subcontractor agreements, developing and maintaining schedules on multiple projects while ensuring that project costs are controlled and financial risk is prevented
- Assist Project Manager in developing the project scope of work; includes preliminary approximations of the types of materials to be used and basic quantity count
- Support customers in various ways, including technical and logistical support, deliverables, invoicing and payment to effectively and consistently meet and exceed customer needs, while ensuring interactions stay consistent with division strategies and objectives to maximize customer satisfaction and profitability
- Assist in closing out projects by obtaining all required documentation and assisting with pre-final inspections and As-Built drawings
- Ensure proper fit and functions of product by checking drawings, cut-sheets, material dimensions, etc.
- Provide updated reports of projects status to project management as required
- Proactively identify and implement strategies to reduce project costs, maximize production, and enhance customer relations
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Must be able to travel 2-3 days per month if required
- Ability to work closely with high-level customers, maintaining and enhancing strong, long-term customer relationships
- Knowledge of construction methods
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelors in relevant field or Associates Degree with 3+ years of experience or 5+ years of relevant quality experience with steel products
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills in planning and organizing to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- High level of attention to detail and knowledge of the customer's specification requirements as well as a thorough understanding of the end use of the product and the manufacturing processes used to make the product
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines which must be met, while verifying the accuracy of work and/or others' work
- A high level of knowledge of products offered, material requirements, and methods used to meet these requirements efficiently would be beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to keep a positive, professional attitude in a high volume, fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines which must be met
- Good understanding of principles, methods, and techniques of civil, structural and electrical construction
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, 1-2 year technical degree, or related trade plus a minimum of 2 years related experience with a commercial or industrial general contractor
- Previous experience in a substation related field, such as: Substation Engineer, Structural Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Designer / Detailer, Electrical Lineman, Inside Sales, Drafter
- Experience with AutoCAD
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Travel will be required occasionally (up to 10%). The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.