15000 Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Coatings Division Senior Accountant assists the Coatings Division Accounting Manager. This role will be involved in monitoring compliance with policies and procedures for controlling the accounting functions of the Valmont Coatings Division including accounting systems, internal controls, records, and reports. This position is responsible for preparing and posting journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts to sub ledgers, identifying accounting process improvements, and producing monthly reconciliations and reports. This position also performs accounting functions pertaining to Coatings Division month-end, quarter-end and year-end closings and provides support and assistance to the accounting staff at each of the Coatings locations, which includes researching problems and finding solutions to them.
- This position is responsible for preparing and reviewing the financial activities of the Valmont Coatings Division. This includes gathering and communicating financial information among the Coatings locations, Corporate and other Valmont divisions.
- This position, through the subordinate organization, is responsible for making sure timely and thorough preparation of financial records and reports for use by management and operating personnel at all levels are completed based on the requirements set by Corporate and the Coatings Division Controller. These records must comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), governmental regulations, taxing authorities and the policies and procedures of the company.
- This position assists the Coatings Accounting Manager in maintaining, implementing, and training of the accounting systems and accounting personnel for the Coatings Division. Travel to Coatings plants may be required to implement new systems and train users.
- The incumbent will have a working knowledge of the basic functions of the Coatings Division and possess a strong working knowledge of general accounting. The incumbent must also be able to communicate effectively with site accountants and accountants from other Valmont divisions. Accuracy in working with numbers, high attention to detail, and intermediate accounting skills are essential skills needed for this position. The incumbent must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, SAP, OneStream, Visual Shop, and FAS systems.
- This position is responsible for quality of output and processes in the Accounting area to coincide with the Valmont Coatings Division Controller's focus on providing on-time and accurate products and services to internal and external customers.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Assist, coordinate, and manage accounting projects working with the Division Controller and Accounting Managers.
- Prepare and maintain accounting system instructions.
- Prepare and maintain division accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare and post standard and miscellaneous general ledger journal entries to SAP.
- Perform accounting functions pertaining to Coatings Division month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closings.
- Maintain and distribute monthly financial status reports from the Coatings location general managers to Coatings Division senior management.
- Monitor for unusual accounting and reporting issues with divisional plant accountants and Coatings Division Controller on a timely basis to insure proper treatment, consistent application, and adherence to GAAP.
- Give recommendations for continuous improvement of products, processes and services and measurement of same to make efficient use of company resources.
- Using intercompany report, identify and resolve any differences that exist between the Coatings sites and other Valmont sites.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of relevant experience or Associates degree with 7 years of relevant experience, or 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of excel spreadsheets and skills working with all types of systems
- Some travel may be required
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Accuracy and high attention to detail
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Bachelors or Master's degree
- Strong working knowledge of SAP, and OneStream Software
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to effectively interpret and present information both one on one and in front of an audience
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Some travel maybe required for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.