1381 Hwy 17 North Fort Meade Florida 33841
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Assembler has the ability to learn and use tools and equipment in the manufacture of concrete poles, including fabrication and assembly of the product. Must be capable of following verbal instructions and maintain a positive and professional attitude in a fast paced work environment. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and conform to all Valmont Safety standards. May be asked to assist other crews when needed.
This position is a temp to hire role with possibility for full time employment upon review of performance and business needs. Position status will be analyzed and determined on a quarterly basis.
- Cooperation with the operator of the dimension saw for the pre-stressing steel and the fixer for the transverse reinforcement
- Cooperation with operators of the molds lubrication, group reinforcement tension stand and the cranes
- Production and control of the correct implementation of the reinforced basket
- Constant control of the correctness of fixing the pre-stressing steel cars on the spire
- Cooperation with the crane operator level 0 when transferring the reinforced basket to the group reinforcement tension stand
- Reporting noticed defects and faults to the manager
- Preparation of steel for the reinforcement production area and preparation of anchor clamps
- Preparation of top and bottom tension plates and tension screws
- Transfer of prepared reinforced baskets to the group reinforcement tension stand dependent on an empty group reinforcement tension stand and readiness of the crane operator level 0
- Compliance with the general OHS and fire safety instructions and workplace instructions
- Follow the instructions of superiors and management
- Maintaining order in your workplace
- Basic knowledge of the FPC system
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports to the Plant Supervisor and has no direct reports or indirect reports
- Must have a high awareness for the safety of other employees and machines used in the production area
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions
- Participate in LEAN and 5S projects, as well as keep immediate production area clean
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to work overtime as needed
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures with exposure to chemicals and irritating particulates
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Basic education
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process of spun cast concrete poles
- Ability to visually assess of the final products
- Basic knowledge of the computer
- Current medical examination
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Posses These Preferred Qualifications
- Authority to operate the crane and the forklift
- Experience with or knowledgeable of pole production process
Work Environment and Physical Efforts:
- This position requires the use of force to remove the tip tension place (active) from the top of the pole (weight about 44 lbs) by pulling the tension place over protruding wires
- Work on the production floor, mainly standing and walking position.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.