1100 Maple St Bristol Indiana 46507
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Finisher prepares finished product to customer specification for storage and shipment; Perform a variety of tasks including placing, finishing, protecting and repairing concrete. May be asked to assist other crews when needed.
- Knowledge of the technological instructions for the production of spun cast concrete poles
- Knowledge of the assortment of the spun cast concrete poles
- Correct use of the provisions contained in the specification / technical documentation
- Patch, repair, and clean finished product.
- Operate plasma cutters and hand grinders.
- Operate rigging accordingly with the company's policies
- Set up and attach loads to rigging, hoists, and pulling gear to provide support or prepare the, for moving, using hand and power tools
- Dismantle and store rigging equipment after use
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoists and pulling gear to move or support materials such as concrete utility poles and heavy equipment
- Direct employees engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure safety of workers and materials
- Report noticed defects and faults to the manager
- Conduct strenuous and physically demanding task for long hours and in extreme environmental conditions
- Gather, inspect, repair and replace reusable materials and components for production rotation
- Cooperation with operators of overhead cranes
- Constant control of technical condition of devices and tools
- Compliance with the general OHS and fire safety instructions and a station instruction
- Follow the instructions of superiors and management
- Maintaining order in your workplace
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports to the Plant Manager and has no direct reports or indirect reports
- Must have a high awareness for the safety of other employees and machines used in the production area.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions
- Participate in LEAN and 5S projects, as well as keep immediate production area clean
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to work overtime as needed
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures with exposure irritating particulates
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Basic education
- Ability to read executive documentation of poles
- Ability to work in a team
- Communication skills
- Manual skills in using tools for binding reinforcements
- Current medical examination
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Posses These Preferred Qualifications
- Vocational or secondary education towards concreter / steel fixer
- Experience in the manual making of armaments
- Knowledge of the use of the dimension saw of pre-stressing steel
- Authorization to operate a davit (up to 250kg)
- Rights to operate a forklift
- Authorizations to operate cranes from the "0" level
- Experience in working in a similar prefabrication plant
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
- Work on the production floor, mainly standing and walking position
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.