1100 Maple St Bristol Indiana 46507
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This is an Individual Contributor role responsible for ensuring efficient transportation of materials via overhead bridge cranes in accordance with technological needs for concrete pole production. The person in this position works in close cooperation with the gantry crane operator. This person must be able to become certified to operate a forklift, gantry crane and other ground level cranes. This role requires direction from the plant manager. May be asked to assist other crews when needed.
- Perform work in accordance with the crane operation instructions for gantry, ground-level and cab-based cranes
- Become knowledgeable in the technological instructions for the centrifugal pole production process
- Use forklift to ensure efficient transportation of materials
- Work in close cooperation with the gantry crane operator
- Inspect the technical condition of the crane slings for safe operation
- Complies with general OSHA and fire safety instructions
- Inspect and monitor the technical condition of the forklift and cranes operated
- Maintain updated entries in the maintenance log book on a daily basis
- Responsible for maintaining restricted access to emergency stop switches and main switch
- Knowledge of the basic operating principles of the FPC system
- Responsible for movement of material
- Responsbile for clearing the stands
- Staging the area in prep for the next day
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports to the Plant Manager and has no direct reports or indirect reports
- Must have a high awareness for the safety of other employees and machines used in the production area
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions
- Participate in LEAN and 5S projects, as well as keep immediate production area clean
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to work one (1) to two (2) shifts of overtime per week
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures with exposure to chemicals and irritating particulates
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Ability to become certified to operate cranes from ground level and from the cabin
- Ability to become forklift operator certified
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience
- Good eyesight and ability to assess distance
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with average lift at 30 lbs.
- Basic computer knowledge
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Previous forklift experience
- One (1) year of previous experience with overhead crane operations
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.